3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2008 3:42 PM by manxman#1

drag n drop with multiple targets

mxc Level 1
      Hi actionscripters ;)

Does anyone have a good example of drag and drop with multiple targets? I am working on a smart way to code an interface where the objects in the menu can be dropped on a variety of places and then be moved somewhere else if necessary until the user is finished.

Thanks for your time, all replies are very much appreciated ;)

regards
      Michael
        • 1. Re: drag n drop with multiple targets
          arunbe Level 1
          Check out this code....
          • 2. Re: drag n drop with multiple targets
            mxc Level 1
            Thanks for your reply and taking the time to send code ;), but it seems that there is only one active draggable and one active drop at a time in your example?
            AnywayI have already found a method using more or less the same logic but with many active objects.

thanks again
            Michael
            • 3. Re: drag n drop with multiple targets
              manxman#1
              Hi there, would you be able to share the solution please?
              Thanks
              Kevin

my issues was:
              Is it possible to have two draggables for two targets?
              Where drag-A can be dropped on target-A or target-B, but if it does, then drag-B can only be dropped onto the other target (where drag-A is not).
              The reason for this is a sequence of 15 draggables and targets for a process that need to be completed in the correct order. The code is fine for that, but the process has some steps that can be done in two ways, hence the choice.
              In other words, the user can get a correct answer for the whole process if they decide to make some steps one way or the other.
              I'm intermediate level in flash scripting but don't know the simplest way to do this. I've research the flash sites but nothing comes close. Maybe the instance names have to be changed dynamically via if/else? Maybe on drop of drag-A onto target-B asomehow changes the logic.