8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 10:38 AM by HAPPYTANTI

How do I find my other library within Lightroom

HAPPYTANTI

How do I find my other library within Lightroom?

• 1. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
          dj_paige Level 9

Try File->Open Recent

By the way, this is a good reason to use a single catalog in Lightroom, then this problem never happens.

• 2. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
            HAPPYTANTI Level 1

I already did that! and honestly I dont know how I created a second one, I dont even know how to do that conciously…..

Jael & James Tanti

Elite Master Dealers/ESD

Office: 714-388-0240

Cel: Jael 714-658-0110/James 0101

www.happycookingco.com <http://www.happycookingco.com/>

*******Fun Day Monday Flexitarian Cooking Show from 7pm to 8pm

Affliates Programs from 8:15pm to 9:15pm Always Talent Scouting!

Who Do You Know that wants to be a Saladmaster Authorized Dealer?

~ I Shall eat of every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to ME it shall be for my meat.

• 3. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
              dj_paige Level 9

Then please describe the problem in A LOT MORE DETAIL. LOTS MORE DETAIL. Don't be skimpy with the details.

By the way, we don't need your phone numbers posted here, nor is it a good idea to do so.

• 4. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
                HAPPYTANTI Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I think I am screwed at this moment…. I called Adobe/Lightroom and they are useless.

1-Lightroom quit unexpected

2- when I reopen it said that it couldn’t find the last catalog that I was working on so it only gave me a choice to use a default catalog with 3800 pictures instead of the catalog of 14K pics.

3- I am using a 2013 Mac Book Pro

4- I am using Lightroom 5

I dont think I put my phone number?????

I think it was on my signature auto on the email…..

~ I Shall eat of every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to ME it shall be for my meat.

• 5. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Search your entire hard-drive(s) for files with an .lrcat extension.  Those are the LR catalog database files.  If you've been backups on the way out of LR, then those will have a .lrcat followed by a .zip extension, I believe, starting with LR 6/CC.

Do you know for a fact you have multiple catalogs, or could your one LR catalog have become corrupted enough that LR can only see the oldest photos?

• 6. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
                    HAPPYTANTI Level 1

It is probably corrupted because I don’t remember making two catalogs,

I do have all the edited pictures in folders in finder under pictures, Should I re-import to a new catalog or redo a new library???

There is a back up folder of all my edited photos in Raw as well

I see the old Lightroom library or catalog but only 3800 pics and they have an exclamation mark on them and if I want to see it and prompts me to see it in finder rather than lightroom, its weird!

I have been backing up until May 27,but is not finding that file; only an old one

• 7. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
                      dj_paige Level 9

It is probably corrupted because I don’t remember making two catalogs,

I do have all the edited pictures in folders in finder under pictures, Should I re-import to a new catalog or redo a new library???

There is a back up folder of all my edited photos in Raw as well

I see the old Lightroom library or catalog but only 3800 pics and they have an exclamation mark on them and if I want to see it and prompts me to see it in finder rather than lightroom, its weird!

I have been backing up until May 27,but is not finding that file; only an old one

None of this is what ssprengel suggested, and I think you need to re-read what he said, and give it a try.

• 8. Re: How do I find my other library within Lightroom
                        HAPPYTANTI Level 1

Howdy There:)

Lightroom