2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 4:18 AM by Loic Aigon

InDesign Server Running Samples trouble

Loic Aigon Level 2

Hi all,

I am having troubles to run the sdk samples properly. I downloaded the trial version and "licenced" with a prerelase serial that I have been given as a member of the prerelase program. My intention is not to build any commercial system, I just wish I can have InDesign Server at hand so I can master my skills onto it.

So now I am trying to run the sample code as indicated in the sdk :

//Running the server with terminal

InDesignServer -port 12345

//Exceuting sampleclient

/Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CS6\ Server/InDesignServer.command sampleclient -host localhost:12345 /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CS6\ Server/myScript.jsx

I am getting an licence error message (rawly translated from French to English): "Your version only allows one single use. Please contact your reseller for an update"

I am guessing the prerelease licence has limited the use of the server.

So my question is : how could one get his hands on a unlocked NFR licence for testing purposes ? I mean it could stamp a big red mark, only output jpgs, I really don't care. What I care is getting the idea and mechanisms of driving IDS with PHP/SOAP. As a consultant, I may have to promote and sell InDesign Server to my clients but it would help if could set demos and have a whole understanding of technologies and costs implied.  Is that somehow possible ? I hope so because I work with Enfocus and Callas and they all provide NFR keys to resellers and promoters. It's just making sense to me.

Hope I am not misunderstood in my intentions,

TIA for your inputs,

Loïc