3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2007 1:49 PM by Opera Rat

Projector not showing down state of buttons

Opera Rat Level 1
      Why would it be that my buttons work in Director with the multi-state button behavior in the library but when I publish the movie and open it in a projector the buttons can't pushed down? The over state works. Now I don't have these buttons doing anything yet. They are controls for audio - play, pause, stop. If it works when I play the movie in director shouldn't it work when the movie is published?

Also, if I have an mp3 with a slider to go back and forth in the music why would I need both a stop button and a pause button? Is it because the stop button normally would, in effect, "rewind" the music to the beggining? And why would I use a |<< or >>| button?

Frustrated! Any clues to my unseen problem are greatly appreciated!!
        • 1. Re: Projector not showing down state of buttons
          Level 7
          If the buttons work in authoring but not in a projector, then its most
          likely that the down state member for the button can't be found. This
          may be because you have a member name problem: two or more members with
          the same name.

The concept of pause and stop are left over from analogue tape players.
          I only use stop and play for any controls that I create. Some people
          differentiate the two by what happens after that command is given. For
          pause, the play command given after will continue to play the audio or
          video at the point of the pause. For stop, the play commmand given after
          will cause the audio or video to play from the beginning of the file.

I believe that the pause button should be set out in the barn next to
          the anvil and the blotter. You can use the crank handle from your car to
          hold it down. It that won't hold it, stuff it under the top cover of the
          fax machine out there.

The fast play forward, |<<, and reverse, |>>, buttons are used to play
          the file at a faster than normal speed either forward or backward.

--
          Rob
          _______
          Rob Dillon
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.ddg-designs.com
          412-243-9119

http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial/
          • 2. Re: Projector not showing down state of buttons
            Level 7
            On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:18:47 GMT, Rob Dillon - Adobe Community Expert posted
            in macromedia.director.lingo:

> I believe that the pause button should be set out in the barn next to
            > the anvil and the blotter. You can use the crank handle from your car to
            > hold it down. It that won't hold it, stuff it under the top cover of the
            > fax machine out there.

And I still use (and love) fountain pens! Haven't used a dip pen in years and
            no blotters with today's inks.

In my case, I use a single Pause/Play button - Pause and Resume. Only one of
            my recent projects had an additional Stop button which behaved just as Media
            Player's button - Stop and immediately go to beginning.

> The fast play forward, |<<, and reverse, |>>, buttons are used to play
            > the file at a faster than normal speed either forward or backward.

Hmm. I think of them as
            << fast reverse (reverse search in VHS speak)
            >> fast forward (forward search)
            |<< previous track (on CDs and DVD-Videos)
            >>| next track (on CDs and DVD-Videos)

I rarely use any of these in Director. The last two can be useful when there
            is a list of videos to play: jump to the previous/next video in the list.

--
            Mark A. Boyd
            Keep-On-Learnin' :)
            • 3. Re: Projector not showing down state of buttons
              Opera Rat Level 1
              Thanks guys. OR it could be that I had a mask and a drag mask covering the buttons!!!

I think I'm just going to use play, pause, and stop (back to start) buttons. I don't need a reverse or forward as I have a slider.

p.s. I still use a dip quill pen for calligraphy.