15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 11:01 AM by TucsonJeff1

Compatibility with Windows 10

TucsonJeff1 Level 1

Does anyone know if Premiere Elements 13 will be compatible with the new Windows 10 that's coming out in July??

• 1. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TucsonJeff

It looks like it is a wait and see situation.

Probably applies to all Adobe products not just CS6.....

Windows 10 and Production Premium CS6 ?

.ATR

• 2. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
            RockinRobTV Level 1

That doesn't sound too encouraging. Windows just sent me a free upgrade option to Win10 (from 7) and while I want to upgrade to 10 I'm afraid my Premiere 10 editing program won't work & I use it constantly.

Maybe Microsoft tech support can be more helpful, because getting answers from Adobe is like sending messages into outer space and hoping the aliens reply (lol).

• 3. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I've been  using it on Windows 10 with no problems whatsoever. (In fact, I've used it on several test versions of Windows 10.)

I'd say compatibility with Windows 10 is a very safe bet.

• 4. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

RockinRobTV

I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way and have no insider information on Adobe activities and plans.

I too got tempted with the offer of the free upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1 to 10. But, all the reports that I have seen (not even related to Premiere Elements) suggest going with Windows 10 on a secondary computer until compatible applications for Windows 10 are known and confirmed.

I may yet be tempted to try Windows 10 on my laptop (currently Windows 8.1 64 bit) which is not my primary computer, but does have several versions of Premiere Elements installed on it.

I will post further news on this.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                  RockinRobTV Level 1

Thanks AT - Steve (Grizetti) seems to think that the 2 programs are compatible. But I appreciate the wait-and-see approach too.

It's just that Windows says the offer to upgrade (for free) is a limited one.

• 6. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                    RockinRobTV Level 1

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the information. Especially from a Premiere Elements 10 user.

Please just confirm for me once more - you have successfully used PE10 on the Win10 OS, correct?

And did that include successful conversions to .mp4 or other video formats (like .flv, for uploading to the internet)?

Do you know of any other major compatibility issues with Win10?

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

RockinRobTV

Are you TucsonJeff13 who originated this thread or have you entered the thread because the topic was of interest to you?

I suspected that TucsonJeff13 and RockinRobTV were not the same when you now mention Premiere Elements 10 and TucsoJeff13 originated the thread as a Premiere Elements 13 question.

I further suspect that prior comments in this thread were directed to Premiere Elements 13, not Premiere Elements 10.

Consequently, back to what I originally wrote

It will be interesting to learn if pre and post Windows 10 reports are positive from all, especially related to the different versions of Premiere Elements that would be entering that Windows 10 computer environment.

Whether you are TucsonJeff13 or RockinRobTV, proceed with caution on offers that are too good to refuse. And, if you must, think about Windows 10 on a secondary computer for starters.

Thanks for viewing the comments.

ATR

• 8. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                        RockinRobTV Level 1

The reply from Steve was so positive I'm going to give Win10 a try. It has yet to install (the free version apparently takes it's time to get around to you) but it tells me that my computer is compatible for the OS.

I'll be posting my experiences with Premiere 10 (and 13 when I get it) on Win10 OS.

Hang in there!

To: Robert Barrett <barrettproductions@sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 7:43 PM

Subject:  Compatibility with Windows 10

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionRockinRobTV I did not see any other replies to your thread except mine until after I posted my reply found in post numbered 4. It will be particularly interesting to learn if pre and post released Windows 10 reports from all are positive, especially specific to the variety of different versions of Premiere Elements that would be running Windows 10.  ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7600504#7600504 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7600504#7600504 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 9. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sorry about all of the cross-talk in this thread, Robert.

Yes, Premiere Elements works just great on Windows 10.

In fact, I've found no program that works differently on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

• 10. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

RockinRobTV

Many thanks for the follow up reply.

We will be looking forward to your results which will be appreciated. There should be a lot of questions about Premiere Elements (any version) on Windows 10, so your report will be a major contribution for those looking for answers on this matter.

Best wishes

ATR

• 11. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                              RockinRobTV Level 1

AT,

Windows 10 won't be avail. (for free download) until Jul. 26th or so, so I won't have any answers or reviews for you until August.

Have a great Summer,

Rockin Rob

From: A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:04 AM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionRockinRobTV Many thanks for the follow up reply. We will be looking forward to your results which will be appreciated. There should be a lot of questions about Premiere Elements (any version) on Windows 10, so your report will be a major contribution for those looking for answers on this matter. Best wishes ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7602131#7602131 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7602131#7602131 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 12. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                                RockinRobTV Level 1

Thanks Steve,

I won't be upgrading to Win10 until the end of July (Jul 26th is  the free Win10 release date).

Thanks for your encouraging information,

Rob

From: Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:30 AM

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionSorry about all of the cross-talk in this thread, Robert. Yes, Premiere Elements works just great on Windows 10.  In fact, I've found no program that works differently on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7601573#7601573 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7601573#7601573 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 13. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                                  cjscreations Level 1

Thank you Steve, but I have found a few significant problems.

My big problem lies with creating a Panorama; each time I do, I get the message "Program stopped working. Windows will search for solutions"  It does not "...find solutions..." and closes PE 10.

I have replicated this procedure several times with the same result.

As I use the "Panorama" regularly, this is a major problem for me.

Suggestions please!

Cj

• 14. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Cj

Although I have working knowledge of both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, Premiere Elements is my focus program.

From the description of your issue, it appears that you are working with Photoshop Elements and not Premiere Elements. The thread that you have joined is in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Please consider taking advantage of the specialized expertise in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum by posting your own new thread there.

Photoshop Elements

Just some thoughts as you consider...

1. Is your Photoshop Elements 10 on the upgrade Windows 10 Home 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit or Windows 10 something else?

2. For my Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit...

File Menu/New/Photomerge Panarama with selection of the Interactive Layout....no crashes for 3 jpegs selected. But, alignment could not be done automatically...had to do the manual alignment (this happens with the prior Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system as well with these Photoshop Elements 10 panaramas). When panarama was completely in merge stage, I had the option for Clean Edge and click Yes to that without crash.

The Photoshop Elements Forum team should be able to sort through the panarama creation issue with you once you give them more details of your issue. Your issue is not present in my Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I can try this also with Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

ATR

• 15. Re: Compatibility with Windows 10
                                      TucsonJeff1 Level 1

It appears that I must have had a slightly daft moment!!