2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 8:03 AM by DeonH

Can I create "actions" for LR 6?

DeonH Level 1

Hi and thank you for your help.

I have a lot of repetitive work in the development module of LR. But, the values differ from photo to photo and this is why I can not use presets.

I want to have something that can record key strokes and then apply them when clicking on a button or something. I use a lot of ... shift | double click exposure; shift | double click contrast ... and so on.

I will really appreciate it if someone can help me creating something that I can apply to do this. I do this for exposure, contrast, whites & blacks of every single picture.

Thank you so long.

Deon

• 1. Re: Can I create "actions" for LR 6?
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not like you can do in Photoshop. That kind of customisation requires you to do some programming - see here - and that may not help you with auto settings.

"I do this for exposure, contrast, whites & blacks of every single picture."

So are you using AutoSync? It's the most efficient way to apply the same adjustment to multiple pictures. What about Alt/Option clicking Develop's Reset button? It's the quickest way to change your default treatment, if that's why you're having to do a lot of auto settings.

John

• 2. Re: Can I create "actions" for LR 6?
            DeonH Level 1

Hi John.

Thank you very, very much for your reply.

I can use Auto Sync but it will not work because I will need to change the settings again. The thing is that I do sport photography. Players face the camera with different angels in relation to the sun and it sometimes happen that players move from sun to shade and so on. I manually set shadows and highlights which again influences the other settings.

I'm not a programmer but I will check out the link you sent.

Thank you once again.

Deon