9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2016 6:10 AM by ManuFV

Syncing between two windows devices

PeterOReilly Level 1

I have Lightroom CC installed on my work computer (Windows 7) and also on my tablet (Windows 10). Can I use Lightroom Sync to edit images on the tablet which are stored on my main work computer?

• 1. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom only support between the desktop version and Lightroom mobile. I don't believe your Windows 10 device supports Lr mobile.

• 2. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
            PeterOReilly Level 1

Thanks, Ian. Is there any way to access images which have been synced to Creative Cloud, so that they can be worked on with a second Windows device?

• 3. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
              Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I know you can upload you photos to the Creative Cloud as Smart Previews, but the actual/intended workflow is for Desktop to mobile and vice versa.

• 4. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                Arkwrights

I have the same problem, but a Windows 10 PC and a windows surface 4 also running windows 10. I've installed Lightroom onto both but cannot get each other to sync with each other. I've looked for lightroom mobile for the Surface but it's not available as mobile, so I downloaded the Desktop version.

Is there a fix coming son?

• 5. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                  ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

You are not looking for a fix; you are looking for a design change.

LR is designed as a single-user, single-computer system. With the LR Mobile plug-in, the single computer can be somewhat synced with mobile phones and simple tablets.

The easiest way to share your catalog and images between multiple computers is to put the images and catalog on an external drive and move the drive from computer to computer as needed.

• 6. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                    Arkwrights Level 1

I am a single user.

I am using a PC and a tablet (which is a Surface 4) yes sorry, not as simple as an iPad

The problem being Lightroom doesn't have Lightroom mobile for Windows 10 devices.

I have also got a Windows 10 Phone, again no Lightroom mobile for Windows 10.

When I purchased the Creative plan for Windows 10, it did not state that you can only use it on one Windows 10 device.

Thank you for your solution, but syncing it between on to a hard drive between work, office, home and then social all the time doesn't sound easy to me.

What would be easier if there was a Lightroom mobile that could be installed on to mobile windows 10 devices.

• 7. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This probably is not a solution you are looking for. However, you can synchronize your collections on your main computer using Lightroom CC 2015. Then, on another Windows device that has the Windows operating system installed, you can go to Lightroom.Adobe.com and sign in and perform edits in specific browsers. You cannot edit this way using Microsoft Edge. But you can use Google Chrome or Firefox.

• 8. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                        Arkwrights Level 1

Thank you Jim,

As you say, it's not the complete solution, but it works (with a good internet connection).

I first tried it on internet explorer, but that too wasn't compatiable like you said with Microsoft Edge. So yes, I've installed Chrome, booked marked Lightroom.adobe.com and hey presto, it shows all that's shared to lightroom mobile.

This also means that I can uninstall Adobe Lightroom and Creative Cloud desktop from my Surface, freeing up space and stopping all the conflicts between the two desktop applications on Windows 10.

Thanks again Jim.

• 9. Re: Syncing between two windows devices
                          ManuFV Level 1

hello folks,

Under Cc you can install Ps and Lr on two pc. one desktop and one wacom companion.

To sync between the two I use a cloud-drive (oned, drop,...) to set the Lr catalog and the samplesPreviews.

Then when I close Lr it's sync on cloud, then on my other win I can edit.  like on lrmobile I can't edit external because the raw are not there.

if i want to eith raw, on desktop I prepare a Lr collection then export on a catalog with raw ... on a cloud-drive.

tricky but works good.

manu