4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 2. Re: worked two days ago now said file not supported or codec drive not loaded ????   nice update!!!!!
        A.T. Romano Level 7

harlandh

The answers will be in the details.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is that "nice update" all about? Did you update a particular version of Premiere Elements, and Premiere Elements worked before the update but not after or something else?

What are the properties of this file that is triggering the not supported or codec drive not loaded message? Is that the exact wording? I asked since I have seen not support or codec missing but not not support or codec drive not loaded.

Can we assume that

a. the problem exists with and with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

b. you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer

c. you are running the programs as administrator

Lots more questions that need answers, but let us start here so we can focus in on the issue.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to working with you on this issue. Just in case not...this is not Adobe, rather user to user. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is not defined.

ATR

• 3. Re: worked two days ago now said file not supported or codec drive not loaded ????   nice update!!!!!
          harlanh38019942 Level 1

Adobe Elements 13 on Windows 8 ... it worked fine for a few days the an Adobe update and now the project i were working on or completed will not load only had the computer and software a few days ... about to get my money back from Adobe

• 4. Re: worked two days ago now said file not supported or codec drive not loaded ????   nice update!!!!!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

harlanh

Thanks for the further details of your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 problem situation.

If you purchased the program from Adobe as a download and are within 30 days of purchase, you can request a return/refund from Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html

If you purchased elsewhere, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller. So, please keep watch on the timing so that you do not lose out on any of your rights in this matter as we troubleshoot.

1. What will not launch...

a. when you double click the Premiere Elements 13 desktop icon, the program will not open

or

b. if you double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, the program will not open to the workspaces

See Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.  If this is the case, does the double click of the file open the program to the workspaces if beforehand you double clicked the file and applied Run As Administrator?

or

c. you cannot open a new project from Welcome Screen/Video Editor and New Project

or

d. you cannot open a project that you already created and saved closed?

2. There are two or three Premiere Elements 13 users who reported that they could work with 13 but not its 13.1 update. So, I will ask this question again just to be sure....was the program and projects working when the program was 13, but failed to work once the 13.1 Update was installed?

3. If the answers are to be found, they will be in the details from questions such as those asked above and those I had asked previously

a. the problem exists with and with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

b. you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer

c. you are running the programs as administrator

Let us stop here, consider, decide where we are in the troubleshooting, and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR