3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2006 7:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Animated Gifs Moves Slow in Browser

doctors_office
      Hello fellow FireWorks lovers

i have this Problem when Viewing My animated gifs
      in the program, its speed is fine and the frames move the way they are suppose to, but when i export the file to my desktop and view it with windows picture viewer or any of my web browsers, the gifs moves very slow. i've tried everything i know
      Please Help

Thank you in advance
        • 1. Re: Animated Gifs Moves Slow in Browser
          Level 7
          IE will display animated gifs at a slower frame rate than Firefox. Your
          mileage may vary.

If you post the animation we might be able to help out some more.

alex

doctors office wrote:
          > Hello fellow FireWorks lovers
          >
          > i have this Problem when Viewing My animated gifs
          > in the program, its speed is fine and the frames move the way they are suppose
          > to, but when i export the file to my desktop and view it with windows picture
          > viewer or any of my web browsers, the gifs moves very slow. i've tried
          > everything i know
          > Please Help
          >
          > Thank you in advance
          >
          • 2. Re: Animated Gifs Moves Slow in Browser
            Level 7
            > i have this Problem when Viewing My animated gifs
            > in the program, its speed is fine and the frames move the way they are
            > suppose
            > to, but when i export the file to my desktop and view it with windows
            > picture
            > viewer or any of my web browsers, the gifs moves very slow. i've tried
            > everything i know
            > Please Help

There is no official standard as to what the time intervals between each
            frame get translated into in terms of 'real world' time.

As such, odds are each browser will have a slightly different rendering of
            the speed of the gif.

Best advice? Live with it. If you can't, consider doing the animation in
            flash.

-Darrel

• 3. Re: Animated Gifs Moves Slow in Browser
              Level 7
              "Alex Mariño" <aSlexPmAar@mMt.net> wrote in message
              news:en3183$9pu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > IE will display animated gifs at a slower frame rate than Firefox.
              > Your mileage may vary.

Actually, no browser is programmed to handle animated GIFs very well.
              The reason why Firefox sometimes seems faster is becasue of the tricks
              its programmers need to play to simulate rendering speed. They tend to
              just skip frames. You can really tell when you run DOM animations.
              Firefox is a dog compared to IE and Opera. The Gecko engine is very much
              based on Netscape 4 hand-me-downs.

But the best bet, as you said, would be to view the offending GIF.

--
              Al