2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:11 AM by Onners

Crashing when doing a document recover

Onners Level 1

Hi!

One of our users was working in InDesign CC when the application suddenly crasched.

Now when we start program and the process of document recovey begins and the recovery

runs for some time, then it crashes and we get the follwing error in Windows Event Log:

Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: InDesign.exe, version 10.2.0.69, tidsstämpel 0x54d532e3

, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: TEXT.RPLN, version 10.2.0.69, tidsstämpel 0x54d53993

Undantagskod: 0xc0000005

Felförskjutning: 0x00000000000828ab

Process-ID: 0x13e8

Programmets starttid: 0x01d09dece93f30ee

Sökväg till program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014\InDesign.exe

Sökväg till modul: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014\Required\TEXT.RPLN

Rapport-ID: 2d836ee1-09e0-11e5-8ba2-f816549bf806

The user lost alot of information so it would be nice to be able to restore the document.

• 1. Re: Crashing when doing a document recover
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If auto-recovery fails then it's not likely you will get the changes since the last save back. Closest you would come is if you run system restore on the drive where the file is stored so there might be a "previous version." You could try uninstalling any non-system fonts used in the doc, too, since this appears to be text related. Maybe it will recover with missing fonts.

Otherwise, I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and delete the recovery data from the InDesign Recovery folder, start ID normally, and open the last saved version of the file. Hopefully that is not also damaged.

• 2. Re: Crashing when doing a document recover
            Onners Level 1

It didn´t help to remove the non-system fonts.

Thanks for your help anyway!