3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:36 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Brief Period of Pixeletion In After Effects While Rotating and Moving Objects

danielleh57214752 Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have been having this pixelation problem with after effects. Here is a description of the what is going on:

I created vector characters (stick figures) in Illustrator and imported them into After Effects. Then I rigged them up and moved the parts to create an animation. Everything is working fine then randomly this pixelation problem will start happening when I am rotating/moving the character's body parts while animating. It happens in the regular viewing window and NOT ram preview. The character gets pixelated for a moment and then readjusts itself and returns back to normal. Sometimes it takes longer to readjust itself. This is really annoying because it causes delays in my workflow and I can't see too well where I am placing the character's body parts when doing the fine-tuned animation. The only way to resolve it is to either quit completely out of After Effects or to restart my computer and reopen it again. Sometimes that quitting and reopening takes awhile to work.

I have contacted Adobe about this and 2 of the people said it was a RAM issue. So, my boss upgraded me from a Mac Book laptop to a Mac Pro with 32 gigs of ram and now it is still doing this! I contacted Adobe again after that and the guy I talked to said that this is just how it is with After Effects. I disagree with him because it is so hard to animate when this pixelation problem happens, it can't be something Adobe could consider to be "normal" for their customers to deal with. It seems like a bug or that I am not doing something right with settings or file setup.

Here are my computer specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Processor: 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory: 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

I am using Creative Cloud on my computer.

Here is an image I made of what happens:

pixelation_problem_dani.jpg

Please help me. This is so frustrating and I my company I am working for needs my animations as soon as possible.

Thanks,

-Dani