Can you check which version of InDesign CC you are running?
- If you're on a Mac: InDesign menu > About InDesign
- If you're on a PC: Help menu > About InDesign
The latest version is the 2014.2 Release of InDesign (build 10.2.0.69) – make sure you have the latest version installed. If you're not running the latest version you can update:
- Launch Creative Cloud desktop applicaton
- Locate the blue Update button next to inDesign CC and click it.
Does the issue also happen when you create a brand new InDesign document:
- Add a text frame
- Insert some text that with some tabs in it
- Type > Tabs and set some tab positions in the ruler?
Or does it only happen in existing documents?
- If an existing document, try saving the document as an InDesign Markup Language (IDML) file, and reopening that IDML file in InDesign to regenerate the document.
Other things to try are:
- resetting your preferences for InDesign – InDesign preferences and support file locations
Let us know how you go. If you are still experiencing the same issue:
- What operating system are you running on.
- And if possible show us a screenshot of what is happening.
Thanks so much for your quick response. MAC 10.7.5 with Adobe CC 10.2.0.69 version I am currently using. It happens in new and old documents. Tried rebooting, but nothing seems to work. What should I change in my preferences? Just reset the preference defaults?
Sonrise Christian Center
[personal email and phone details removed by Moderator]
I'd start by resetting the preferences.
- First of all Quit out of InDesign (InDesign menu > Quit).
- Next Launch InDesign again, and immediately press Shift+Control+Option+Command keys on your keyboard.
- You'll be prompted with an additional dialog box to delete the preferences.
Hopefully that will sort things out.