0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:44 AM by BradleyKoehler

Inspect + XIP.IO +  Virtual Machine (Vagrant box)

BradleyKoehler Level 1

Hello,

I have a set up that is as follows

Windows 7 laptop, using a virtualbox / vagrant machine to run Ubuntu as a development machine. This is due to my project requiring a php library that is not supported under windows, so I can't change it.

I am trying to get Inspect to work with my tablet / mobile and the localhosts from the virtual machine, which I am viewing in Chrome in Windows and I am trying to use Xip.io to achieve this.

Inspect itself works just fine, I can connect it and it follows my browsing just fine, until I try to view my localhost.

I've gotten as far as dev.myproject.local.IPADDRESSOFTHEVAGRANTMACHINE.xip.io working in Chrome on Windows, but all that Inspect will show me on the laptop is a white screen. If I try to remote inspect the code it just times out. To achieve this I had to specifically put the IP of the vagrant machine in the virtualhost server alias. If I used the * wild card then I just get connection errors in both the browser and the tablet.

Has anyone done anything like this? I realise that it is a fairly convoluted set up but I can't get away from it as those decisions are way out of my hands. Any help is very appreciated.