5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 5:20 PM by wobertc

How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?

chuckc73588486

How can I incorporate my watermark (white) into a black border?  Thanks, C

• 1. Re: How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Have a look at the Mogrify Plugin.

or

You can create a black border in PS and put your watermark on it and save it as a transparent PNG with the 'window' in the center transparent. It will eat up some of your image space and has to match the aspect ratio of your crop exactly.

• 2. Re: How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?
            chuckc73588486 Level 1

Thank you, Rick.Chuck

To: Chuck Clark <mosato@frontiernet.net>

Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:06 AM

Subject:  How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?

created by RikkFlohr in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionHave a look at the Mogrify Plugin. or You can create a black border in PS and put your watermark on it and save it as a transparent PNG with the 'window' in the center transparent. It will eat up some of your image space and has to match the aspect ratio of your crop exactly.  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7605980#7605980 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7605980#7605980 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

In the Print module you can set the Page Background to Black, (or any color)

Adjust Layout margins, (wider margins reduce image size, with "Zoom to Fill" UN-ticked.)

Apply an Identity Plate - anywhere on the image or the page. (Watermarks will only apply on the image)

Identity Plates can be text or graphical, and set color, opacity and scale, in the print module.

Print to a JPG File, for a permanent version that you can export, or send, or print.

Create several Identity plates from:   Main Menu > Edit > Identity Plate Setup...

• 4. Re: How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?
                chuckc73588486 Level 1

Thank You-I will try to figure this out.  Am 82 and not too sharp on computers.Chuck

To: Chuck Clark <mosato@frontiernet.net>

Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:19 PM

Subject:  How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?

created by wobertc in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionIn the Print module you can set the Page Background to Black, (or any color)Adjust Layout margins, (wider margins reduce image size, with "Zoom to Fill" UN-ticked.)Apply an Identity Plate - anywhere on the image or the page. (Watermarks will only apply on the image)Identity Plates can be text or graphical, and set color, opacity and scale, in the print module.Print to a JPG File, for a permanent version that you can export, or send, or print. Create several Identity plates from:   Main Menu > Edit > Identity Plate Setup... If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7608364#7608364 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7608364#7608364 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: How can I incorporate my watermark (whitw) into a black border?
                  wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Thanks Chuck-  I am always a learner also, and in the 'elderly' group.

In my post .3  you will note my main ideas-

1. I am working in the Print module setting background to a color (black) and adjusting the margins.

2. Watermarks cannot be placed on a 'border' unless you have first created that border in Photoshop.

3. You can use the "Identity Plate" editor to create text or graphic that you can use similar to a watermark.

ScreenShot057.jpg