7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 1:21 PM by elianek2282748

Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.

elianek2282748

I developped an app using adobe flash professional. I need to put it on one ipad and not publish it on app store. How can i do that?

• 1. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You would still need to be an iPhone developer, and pay Apple the $99+tax each year. Once you have done that you can publish the app straight from Flash Pro to the connected iPad. After you have made the app id, certificate, and provisioning profile at the Apple developer site.

• 2. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.
            elianek2282748 Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply

Two more questions:

1 - When i want to publish my app in flash using Air for ios settings, each time i insert the icon picture the following error shows up

error-01.JPG

How Can i solve this?

2- I published my app but when i'm trying to sync it on my ipad device, it will sync perfectly but the icon of the app will show in gray and the app remains installing forever what's the solution for this?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.

Check your app descriptor xml, you may already have an entry for 57x57, that is to a different file than the one you're trying to replace it with. You could delete that line with a text editor.

The app remaining gray sounds like the provisioning profile may be wrong.

• 4. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.
                elianek2282748 Level 1

This is what my descriptor is showing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.2">

<id>com.gamevil.zenonia2</id>

<versionNumber>1.0</versionNumber>

<filename>Mabthera app 2</filename>

<description/>

<!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.<description><text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text></description>-->

<name>Mabthera app 2</name>

<!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.<name><text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text></name>-->

<copyright/>

<initialWindow>

<content>Test.swf</content>

<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<renderMode>cpu</renderMode>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients></initialWindow>

<icon>

<image72x72>Icon.png</image72x72></icon>

<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>

<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>

<supportedLanguages>en</supportedLanguages>

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions>

<![CDATA[<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>2</string></array>]]>

</InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

</application>

And what do u mean by provisioning profile how can i fix it?

• 5. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.

There are  a few things wrong with what you are doing, that may be worth taking care of, in case that will also help your bigger problem.

If you ever want to submit this app to Apple you will need to support 64 bit devices. That would mean a minimum of using AIR 16. You should use the AIR 18 that was released a few days ago. At the moment you're using AIR 3.2.

It's a requirement to support different orientations on iPad, you currently have that turned off.

I can't think of any use case where you would want rendermode to be CPU. If you are doing a lot of unique frames, that makes GPU not practical, use Direct. It's basically the same as CPU, except it sends the graphics to the GPU faster.

Having spaces in your file name can lead to unnecessary complications. I'm surprised your file name doesn't have %20 where there are spaces.

About the provisioning profile, you select the certificate and profile in the publishing settings in Flash Pro. Is the profile you're using based on the certificate you're using? Is the app id that the profile is based on match the id you are using?

• 6. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.
                    elianek2282748 Level 1

I used as requested the AIR 18 and used Direct as rendering mode i also removed spaces from the file name. But none of the problems were solved, i still can't add an icon nor the app is installing on ipad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/18.0">

<id>Mabthera</id>

<versionNumber>1.0</versionNumber>

<filename>Mabthera</filename>

<description/>

<!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.<description><text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text></description>-->

<name>Mabthera</name>

<!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.<name><text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text><text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text></name>-->

<copyright/>

<initialWindow>

<content>Mabthera.swf</content>

<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<renderMode>direct</renderMode>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients></initialWindow>

<icon>

</icon>

<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>

<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions>

<![CDATA[<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>2</string></array>]]>

</InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>standard</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

</application>

• 7. Re: Putting an app from flash on one ipad device without publishing.
                      elianek2282748 Level 1

I fixed the issue of the icon. I renamed the icon "icon_72x72.png" instead of "icon.png" and it worked perfectly fine

Still the issue of the installation.