4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 1:27 PM by Szalam

Video is appearing as a black screen after being rendered

lukep86510162

Hi Everyone,

I am new to After Effects but have made my first video. Everything within after effects works as it should and the RAM preview renders the video as it should. After I add it to the media encoder queue and render though it becomes a black video but there sound plays?

I don't see where i'm going wrong?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Video is appearing as a black screen after being rendered
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Luke Potter wrote:

I don't see where i'm going wrong?

Neither do we without more information. FAQ: What information should I provide?

Some screenshots might help. Your timeline. Your render settings, your output module settings, your composition settings.

As someone new to AE, you should really start with some basic, foundational resources. If you don't, you'll end up with problems like this. This page contains a whole set of resources specifically designed to help a newcomer get started right. AND IT'S FREE! It covers things like rendering.

• 2. Re: Video is appearing as a black screen after being rendered
            lukep86510162 Level 1

Hi Szalam,

Apologies see below!

• What exact version of After Effects? - After effects CC 2014.0.2 (13.2)
            • Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.) - Yes
            • What operating system? - Windows 7
            • What were you doing when the problem occurred? What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking? - File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue > Render
            • Has this ever worked before? If this worked before by doesn't work now, what has changed on your computer in the intervening time? - First time using the application on new computer
            • Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number and sizes of connected monitors, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected. - AMD FX-6300 Six Core Processor/8 GB DDR3 RAM/AMD Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5/Two connected monitors/Standard 1TB HD/No external drives
            • What versions of drivers for your graphics hardware do you have installed (including CUDA driver and driver for display adapter)? - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Drivers
            • Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)? - No
            • What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime". - No source footage it was all made within AE
            • Do you have QuickTime installed. (You should.) If so, what version? The answer should be specific, such as "QuickTime 7.6.2". - Latest version of QuickTime
            • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? - No
            • Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects? - No
            • Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both? - Only on the final output when the video has been rendered, everything else works fine
            • Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing? - No
            • Are you using the ray-traced 3D renderer? - No
            • If the problem is with output, give your exact output settings (both render setting and output module settings). Screenshots help. -
            • video.pngrender.png
            • 3. Re: Video is appearing as a black screen after being rendered
              lukep86510162 Level 1

Seems to have fixed itself! Thanks