What version of ID and which OS are you using?
This is a user to user forum. It's not monitored by Adobe. What's your issue and maybe we can help.
Thanks! I have OS X 10.9.5 and have latest update on In Design - CS*. I am working with a team in Europe that wants me to save everything in CS6 for submission but when I select save as my choices are CS4 or under only. Should I be exporting in Flash CS6?
I have CS8 2014
Would you know if there is live support avail on In Design and if so the phone number? Thanks!
If you have CC (2014) you are a creative cloud subscriber, and as such you are able to download and install CS6 as well. That would be the best approach here.
To get CS6 open the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and go to the Apps tab. Scroll down to the Find New Apps section, then set the filter to Previous Version.
You version is NOT CS8, it is CC2014.
- Save your version in the latest upgrade with CC2014
- Install on your computer CS6 as it is included with your cloud subscription.
- Open the CC2014 file in YOUR CS6 installation. It will only open, if you use the CC subscription version of CS6 with all available updates, other CS6 cannot open it.
- Save this file as CS6 and check, if anything has changed. An IDML file you could not check. Downgrading an INDD file causes always changes to the file.
- Package this file. Be aware that fonts from the Typeset are not able to packaged, but you can look who is selling the same font and tell you partner which font license they have to buy.
- Send the whole package to your partners.
Stay always on the same version as your partners do, it is NEVER a good idea to switch forward and backward between versions in any workflow. In some point of time, your partners need to subscribe to the CC too as many new computers are not supported any more, as it is now with computers with high resolution displays.
Nope, Adobe is not a training center as you expect it. Customer service has a different target and in my humble opinion, they have limited knowledge of what is going on with the functions of the programs.
when I select save as my choices are CS4 or under only
Save option "CS4 or later (IDML)" should be able to open with CS6 as well. You may lose some features that does not exist in older versions (if you have used such features), and there may be small shifts on typography too, so I suggest that receiving person examines files very carefully after opening them in InDesign.
To reduce errors I suggest you
1. Install CS6 as noted
2. Save as IDML from CC2014
3. Open the IDML in CS6
4. Resave as an INDD file (DON'T overwrite the original).
5. Close, and reopen the new INDD in CS6.
6. Carefully check entire document for problems, including text flow and layout.
7. Send that INDD, or a package, as appropriate.
If you install CS6 and update it to version 8.1 you don't have to do the export to IDML manually -- you can just open the file and it will do the conversion on the fly in the cloud.