6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:50 PM by wood0004

Adding audio to a slideshow

wood0004

Every time I create a slideshow in premiere 12 and try to add music (mp-3) I get error message Unable to add the audio file The selected file cannot be played because your system does not have the required compresser/decompresser(codec) installed. How do I fix this Please help

• 1. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wood0004

Where are you creating this slideshow - Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor or Premiere Elements 12 Editor? Have you updated both of them to 12.1 using Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

Where is this music coming from - iTunes? Depending on your details, you may need to convert this iTunes music to WAV version in iTunes and then import the WAV version into Premiere Elements 12 with Premiere Elements 12's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the music file to the soundtrack or one of the numbered audio tracks.

We will be watching for further details in order to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
            wood0004 Level 1

I am creating the slide show in premiere elements 12 organizer, the music is coming from my downloaded mp-3 Amazon files in my music folder on my pc and I am still running 12 not 12.1

• 3. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
              wood0004 Level 1

I am creating the slide show in premiere elements 12 organizer,my music is from downloaded mp-3 amazon files which are located in my music folder on my pc and I am still running 12 not 12.1

• 4. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
                A.T. Romano Level 7

wood0004

Please take the mp3 into iTunes or Audacity and convert it to the WAV version, and then try to import it into Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor.

There is a known issue with iTunes music in Premiere Elements Editor imports. There the answer is to take the iTunes music into iTunes to conversion it to the WAV version. I do not have a history on Amazon music.

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

You should update 12 to 12.1 for Premiere Elements 12 Editor as well as Elements Organizer 12. But, let us do that after we see what the results are with 12.

One of the perks of the 12.1 Update is that it fixes the Expert workspace Text Style issue that presents in the Expert workspace only.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Any supplemental information needed for the music conversion programs, please ask.

• 5. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

wood0004

Just did some road testing of some mp3 files in Elements Organizer 12/12.1. Importing them into the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 Slideshow Editor shut down the Elements Organizer 12/12.1 Slideshow Editor at every try. Converted the .mp3 music to WAV version in iTunes. The WAV version could be imported into the slideshow without issues.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adding audio to a slideshow
                    wood0004 Level 1

Ok thanks I'll give it a try appreciate your help and quick response.