4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 1:13 PM by A.T. Romano

I cant upload HD video to youtube

IhaveEmerged

I am starting with full HD video and chose the full HD options to upload to youtube through Premiere Elements 7 but when the video actual uploads its terrible quality.  Even if I change the resolution to 1080 on Youtube viewer it doesnt get better. What am I doing wrong?

Message was edited by: Ann Bens Deleted duplicate post.

• 1. Re: I cant upload HD video to youtube
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ihaveemeged

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 7 install on it?

What is your project preset, and what are the properties of the content that you have on the Timeline for upload to YouTube with the feature that is built into Premiere Elements 7. All is important, but are your source media interlaced videos? If you do not know the project preset, please tell us what is listed under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out).

What does the Share/Online/YouTube area show for estimated file size/duration for your intended upload as compared to the feature's limit 1024 MB/10 minutes?

If you export your Timeline to a file and upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site, do you get better results

Share/Personal Computer/QuickTime with Advanced Button/Video Tab customization for appropriate H.264.mov

or

Share/Mobile Phones and Players/.....for H.264.mp4?

Please review, consider, and supply more information as indicated, and then we can decide what next, if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cant upload HD video to youtube
            IhaveEmerged Level 1

Im using windows vista 2007

Editing Mode: HD 1080i

Timebase: 29.97 frames/sec

Frame Size: 1920 H 1080 V

Pixel Aspect Ratio: square pixel (1.0)

Share/Online/YouTube area show for estimated file size/duration: 26.7M/2 Min 37.0 sec

"Share/Personal Computer/QuickTime with Advanced Button/Video Tab customization for appropriate H.264.mov"  this I have tried and them uploaded it directly to youtube with the same low res result.

I will try the Share mobile phone way now.

Thanks so much,

Darrin

• 3. Re: I cant upload HD video to youtube
              IhaveEmerged Level 1

Iphone share still looked crappy and created a small screen within a large black background

D

• 4. Re: I cant upload HD video to youtube
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Darrin

Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline....1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second or 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second.

From what you wrote, your project preset is

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

If you went to Share/Online/YouTube and set Presets = High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080, you should have gotten that uploaded video filling the YouTube 16:9 player screen. Better to upload progressive rather than interlaced video to YouTube so that you are not dependent on YouTube deinterlacing method.

If you explore the H.264.mp4 export of your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, followed by the upload of that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site, please consider the settings....

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone

with Presets = iPod and iPhone - High Quality

then under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset...set

V7.JPG

Make sure to set Profile and Level first so that you can get the frame size of 1920 x 1080.

The Bitrate can be adjusted downward if the file size is a problem. I moved it up to 14.4055 Mbps (megabits per second). And, you can further work with Target Bitrate and Maximum Bitrate. I would try it as suggested to get a baseline view of what you have.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR