7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 10:39 AM by A.T. Romano

Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?

josephineb222153 Level 1

Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?

• 1. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

josephineb

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Can we assume that your burn to was DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc rather than AVCHD format on DVD disc?

Did the success and failures represent different projects rather than you using the same project for burn to on different days?

Please determine if you can do a burn to folder if you cannot do the burn to disc.

Do you have other burn software on your computer?

Let us start here, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
            josephineb222153 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for your reply, I am using Premiere Elements 9 which came with the HP Touch Screen computer I purchased.  I have no idea about the Operating System, is XP a help?

Your assumption is correct I used a Kodak DVD-R 16X Disc to download the same Project on different days.  The crazy thing is it worked once for me.  I learnt about rendering and rendered the Video.  I am unsure what you mean by AVCHD format - have no idea how this is done, fairly new to computers and such and am being quite adventurous on Premiere, which I am proud to say !

I have not tried to burn to folder, I did see that in the Share options.  I do have Windows Live Movie maker and also Windows DVD Maker which I have used previously, but I do not know how to trim using Windows (another thing I have learnt on Premiere !).   There is also Cyberlink DVD Suite - unsure what that is.

If I burn into a folder can I then burn onto a Disc?

Thank you so very much for trying to assist me, it is very appreciated.

Cheers

Josephine (my friends call me Jessie - so please do so)

• 3. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jessie

Thanks for the reply with lots of helpful information for the troubleshooting.

The fact that it worked once before but not now has its positive side, rather than if it did not worked at all.

1. You have Premiere Elements 9 on Windows. Did you ever update 9 to the 9.0.1 Update? If not, good idea to do that now. But, do not use Help Menu/Updates. Instead, download and install 9.0.1 from the following Adobe link...

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

2. With your Premiere Elements version coupled with your computer operating system, Premiere Elements is running as a 32 bit application. This factor has resource implications. Are you dealing with fairly large projects? When you burned your first project to disc successfully, do you remember what the readings were for Space Required and Bitrate in the Share/Disc/DVD disc burn dialog's Quality area? And, what are the readings for Space Required and Bitrate in the subsequent project that is not burning to disc?

3. It would be a good idea to do the burn to folder to rule in or out problems related to the disc or burner.

Disc

DVD

and the burn to: Folder (4.7 GB) or (8.5 GB) depending on the size of your product. Set the preset as indicated for either NTSC_Dolby DVD (4:3) or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD (16:9).

From that you will get a folder saved to the computer hard drive. This folder will contain 2 folders, one named OpenDVD and the other named VIDEO_TS. It is the VIDEO_TS Folder and all its contents that we want.

We can take that VIDEO_TS Folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc using 3rd party free software named ImgBurn. Please refer to

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

If any questions on that, please let me know, and I will give you more how to details.

I have never used Kodak DVD discs for the Premiere Elements burn to disc, so I cannot speak to their reliability. Looking at another brand/type disc might be a consideration.

Also Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 does not have burn to AVCHD format on DVD as does later version. So, please omit my questions on AVCHD DVD.

If you are using disc menus and placing menu markers

a. never put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline

b. make sure there is at least10 frames distance between menu markers - just so one is not on top of another

c. in the disc menu customization area, watch out for overlapping button on the main menu and scene selections pages....if an issue, they will present with thin red frames around the buttons.

Please check out the above. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
                josephineb222153 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you once again.  I am currently downloading the update of Adobe Premier Elements as I am sure this has not been done since I purchased the computer.

When you burned your first project to disc successfully, do you remember what the readings were for Space Required and Bitrate in the Share/Disc/DVD disc burn dialog's Quality area? And, what are the readings for Space Required and Bitrate in the subsequent project that is not burning to disc?

I am unsure what the above means to tell you the truth - I only have two options Disc or Blue Ray.  Regarding the space required, the Music Video (it is Andrea Bocelli) is 60 mins and the Disc that I inserted has 120 mins free.  The disc is 4.7 GB - I do not know what a Bitrate is (sorry).  However I have discovered that where there is Burn To - I have the option of Disc / Folder (4.7gb) / Folder (8.5 gb).  It gives me only one burner location - I am not given an option, then there is a button next to it called Rescan. 

Set the preset as indicated for either NTSC_Dolby DVD (4:3) or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD (16:9).

As you mentioned the above I have seen this, I did burn on what was just there which was PAL_Widescreen_DolbyDVD but will try the NTSC and see what happens.  I am unsure though of the size of the product/project - how do I find this?

If you are using disc menus and placing menu markers

a. never put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline

b. make sure there is at least 10 frames distance between menu markers - just so one is not on top of another

c. in the disc menu customization area, watch out for overlapping button on the main menu and scene selections pages....if an issue, they will present with thin red frames around the buttons.

Regarding the above, mmm again I am new to this (and lets say mature individual) and unsure of the above !  I just went onto YouTube to see how to make a DVD using the Timeline and haven't even gotten to doing this with just pictures and then adding music to it as yet.  As stated previously, this is my adventurous side (ha ha).

I will try downloading to Folder and see how I go.

You are an absolute gem for trying to help me out.

Cheers

Jessie

• 5. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jessie

Thanks for the follow up.

1. When you have your DVD disc in the burner tray and are in the Share/Disc/DVD disc burn dialog,

a. make sure to have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"

b. look for the readings of Space Required and Bitrate at the bottom of the burn dialog

spacerequiredbitrate.JPG

In the screenshot, Space Required = 25.00 MB and the Bitrate = 8.00 Mbps.

For now, let us leave Bitrate a quality factor characterized by higher the Bitrate, higher the quality, but larger the file size and the lower the Bitrate, the lower the quality, and the smaller is the file size. That 8.00 Mbps is the highest Bitrate settings offered. If you see that at a lesser value, the typically means that the project is automatically lowering the Bitrate to make the file size smaller to make the fit to disc capacity.

2. Also, Premiere Elements typically does not work with protected material. You will probably see a pop up in that regard routinely (whether it applies to you or not.) So, please review any right to use for any of your Timeline source media.

3. If you are working in a PAL TV Format install and are working on PAL projects, stay with the Share/Disc/DVD disc PAL choices. I thought that you were in a NTSC TV Format install. Major consideration: if your set for a 4:3 (standard) project, be sure to use 16:9 (widescreen) export. Also, the same the other way, 16:9 project going to 4:3 export.

4. If you need to get the estimate for the size of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD...remember, disc in burner tray, Timeline content ready to go, and just before hitting Burn in Share/Disc/Disc disc (check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space", read the burn dialog's Quality Area's Space Required and Bitrate.

5. Burn to Folder should help us to gauge the involvement of the disc and burner in those cases where the burn to disc was not successful. It also provides an escape route in those times of "time crunch" when you need to get a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc that cannot wait for burner to disc troubleshooting.

6. In your viewing of video tutorial, check out what version of Premiere Elements is being used for the demo. The demo is likely to be for a version later than 9 and have different workspaces than versions later than 9. Premiere Elements 10 and earlier have Timeline and Sceneline workspaces. Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 have Expert and Quick workspaces. Version 11 has Expert and Quick; version 12 Expert, Quick, Guided; version 13 Expert, Quick, Guided, and eLive (PAL areas typically do not have the 13's eLive workspace).

We will be watching for your progress. Any questions or need clarification, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
                    josephineb222153 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you for the image,  I now see the Bitrate, I have never noticed this element before using Elements and will look into this.  I have read via the internet that Elements prefer DVD+R not the -R although I do not know the difference but will try this anyway.  However the first time it did burn to DVD-R - quite confusing.

Point 2 - I find that YouTube bars anything that is protected from downloading, which is the only place that I go to get my images or music videos for my projects.

Point 3 - Since I live in Australia I need to use the PAL TV Format.

Point 4 - The burn to disc fails at 97% which is so frustrating.  I am wondering whether the first successful burn whether I actually rendered or not, would this make a difference?

Anyway persevered and I have found out how to trim using Windows Live Movie Maker - only either the beginning or end not in the middle as yet - then save the project and have successfully then burned that project to Windows DVD Maker.  You spurred me on to learn more about that feature, so I have to thank you for that.  Although Elements is a one step easy process !.

I was confused when I saved the Elements project to Folder and I think I need time to get this one around my head.  When I saved the project onto a disc it just saved it as an Element project and not one that I was able to run as a movie.

Point 6 is a good point to make for me, I will keep my eye out on that when looking at demo's for what I wish to complete.

The reason for me to make special movie's is that I work with Late Stage Dementia Patients, and opera and calming images has a positive influence on people and decreases the use of psychotropic drugs to calm them down.  One lady who has not spoken for 1 year suddenly started singing to one of the opera songs hence my wishing to continue to burn special DVD's.

Cheers

Jessie

• 7. Re: Hoping you can help. I successfully burnt a music video DVD, a couple of days later, twice I attempted to burn again and received this unknown error: 2131110144 - it stopped burning almost to the end.  Is there a reason for this?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jessie

Thanks for the follow up.

1. I have not found a Premiere Elements preference for the use of the DVD+ disc, and I have been using the DVD-R or DVD-RW disc for my burn to disc. They and their content are compatible with my TV DV Player and play back well in the computer players. Burn to will not accept USB Flash Drive or DVD RAM disc. If you do burn to disc Blu-ray, the BD-R and BD-RE 25 GB are supported, and I have used BD-RE DL 50 GB.

2. YouTube will allow you to download its content if the content is your own that you uploaded previously...typically, in that situation, it downloads as a .mp4 file.

3. You should be able to use PAL TV Format for your install since Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 installation includes a page to designate NTSC TV Format or PAL TV Format. For reasons not known at this time, the current version, Premiere Elements 13, does not include those options during installation.

4. If you are referring to render in the Timeline render sense, that should not make a difference in the outcome of the burn to disc since Timeline render is just a preview feature. If you did not do it, the consideration might be that, if you had done it, you might have caught a problem sooner than later. The Timeline rendering result would alert you to the problem, not fix it. But, it can be a time consuming step to get a preview.

5. Great job getting Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker to work for you. If the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 burn to disc is an issue, but not the burn to folder, the burn to folder would be preferred route to the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

a. When you do the burn to disc, two folders get put on the DVD disc in the correct disc file system. The folders are OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS. The DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc produced can be played on the regular DVD Player or any other player that support DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

b. When you do the burn to folder, you save a folder to the computer hard drive. That folder contains OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS Folders. These are the same folders that you would have gotten with the burn to DVD disc way. At this point the VIDEO_TS Folder is a folder in search of a program that will put it on a DVD disc in the correct disc file system. Enter ImgBurn for the task.

Thank you for sharing with us how your work is impacting the lives of others. Typically the projects are aimed at capturing memories - a wonderful gift. In your case, it is for giving an increased quality of life back to the living. Very meaningful and wonderful gift.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR