11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2015 6:38 AM by A.T. Romano

Exporting my movie to file and dvd

Nancy K Lindway

Frustration sets in: I have been working on a movie about my dad's life for 1 1/2 and I am finally done. I am getting internal error message or the program just shuts down. The problem is getting help and reading all of these post only confuses me. Dont know where to start. I have a 48 min movie that has Photoshop files, jpegs and movie clips. I don't know which one is causing the problem. Is there a size limit is that the problem? I went through the movie in Photoshop and flattened images and tried to resize what I could without having to replace the clips in PE 12. I got the movie to save a couple weeks ago finally but now it is not saving. I tried the dvd output to files and when I finally put that on a dvd the dvd didnt recognize the dvd. So decided to go back to saving it in he mpeg format. Is there anywhere I can go for help or pay someone to look at the movie over the computer. I took the auto save option off. The problem is locating what is causing me the problem. When this is your first movie I may have made it wrong. I realize now that after 1 1/2 of working on the movie that I needed to make the clips in to smaller jpeg but they were all created in Photoshop on the movie clip size. The clips are photoshop artistry blending several photos together. How do I find the problem?

• 1. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy K Lindway

Let us go through the following scheme to determine if it works for you to pin point the problem source(s) in your Premiere Elements project.

1. What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

2. What are the properties of your source files that you are putting on the project's Timeline

Photoshop files (assumed psd), jpegs, and movie.

a. Photoshop and jpegs - pixel dimensions and how many....was the CMYK color profile applied to any of them?

b. Movie...video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio

(What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded that video?)

3. What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties of these source files?

(Do you remember which file was the first one that you dragged to the Timeline?)

The above is addressing the set up of the project. Once we know that the above is set up optimally and if the problem persists, we can go on to factor in or out other factors. If it gets to a point where we have to dig deeper into the Timeline content and structure,

a. one approach would be to make copies of the problem project and one by one eliminate specific type of content. Then determine if you can do the burn to folder. I suggest that so that you will not be using up DVD discs during this troubleshooting. Once successful with the burn to folder, then we can confirm the success using the burn to disc.

b. you can also go back to the Edit area, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider, open all the tracks, and inspect the Timeline tracks content for gaps, transition placements, Timeline menu marker placement, title placement, and fragments scattered about the Timeline tracks.

Please review and consider. Please let me know if you have questions or need clarification on any of the above. I have tried to define the path clearly. I will clarify any of the above that you feel needs clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
            Nancy K Lindway Level 1

. What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

NL: I HAVE PE VERSION12 MY OPERATING SYSTEM STARTED OUT AS MICROSOFT 8 AND

I UPDATED DURING THE MOVIE MAKING TO 8.1

2. What are the properties of your source files that you are putting on the

project's Timeline

Photoshop files (assumed psd), jpegs, and movie.

(AUDIO).WAV AND SOME SOUND EFFECTS FROM PE12

(VIDEO) .MPG AND A FEW WERE TAKEN BY MY BROTHERS IPAD .MOV (THE VIDEOS WERE

TAKEN BY A CAMCODER IN THE 90'S THAT I CONVERTED THROUGH HONESTECH VHS TO

DVD 7.0)

PE12 .SWF GRAPHICS MP4

(PHOTOS) WERE MADE FROM PHOTOSHOP 11 MOSTLY SOME COULD HAVE BEEN 12 MADE IN

THE FILM VIDEO FORMAT WITH THE LINES

I FLATTENED ALL THE PSD FILES AND TRIED TO SHRINK THE JPEG WITHOUT HAVING

TO IMPORT AGAIN. MADE THE CHANGED IN PHOTOSHOP 11 AND THEY UPDATED IN PE12

(NEXT MOVIE I REALIZED I SHOULD HAVE MADE THEM ALL MED TO LOW JPEG

NTSC DV W720 H480 RESOLUTION 72 RGB COLOR

a. Photoshop and jpegs - pixel dimensions and how many....was the CMYK

color profile applied to any of them? I DONT KNOW WHAT OR WHERE I CAN

SELECT SMYK

b. Movie...video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate,

interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio

WILL NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN b) THE ONLY THING I KNOW HOW TO SEE IS  FRAME RATE

ON MOST ARE 29.97 fps 4 of the videos  24.00 fps IN THE PROJECT ASSET FILE

(What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded that video?)

IPAD CAMERA WILL TRY TO UPDATE THAT IS THE ONLY RECENT RECORDING

3. What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the

project preset to match the properties of these source files?

GENERAL

PREROLL 2 SECONDS

PSTROOL 2 SECONDS

VIDEO TRANSISTION DEFAULT DURATION 30 FRAME

AUDIO TRANSISTION DEFALUT DURATION 1.00 SECON

STILL IMAGE DEFAULT DURATION 150 FRAMES

TIMLINE PLAYBACK AUTO-SCROLLING PAGE SCROLL

(CHECKED) PLAY WORK AREA AFTERRENDERING PREVIES DEFAULT SCALE TO FRAME SIZE

APPLY TRANSITION ON SMART TRIM SHOW CONTEXTUAL POP UPS ON DROP TIMELINE

RENDER QUALITY DRAFT QUALITY, HIGH SPEED

AUDIO

CHECKED PLAY AUDIO WHILE SCRUBBING AUDIO MIXER KEYFRAM OPTIMIZATION CHECKED

MINIMUM TIME INTERVAL THINNING MIN TIME 20 MILLISECONDS

SMART MIX OPTIONS

TRACK DEFAULT CRITERIA BACKGROUND

MERGE PAUSE OF 2 SECONDS LOWERE BACKGROUND 15%

AUDIO OUTPUT MAPPING SPEAKERS (VIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO 1 - 2

AUTOMATICALLY SAVE PROJECTS NOT SELECTED

CAPTURE CHECKED REPORT DROPPED FRAMES

DEVICES DV/HDV DEVICE CONTROL

PREROLL 2 SECOND

TIMECODE OFFSET 0 FRAME

MEDIA CASHE DATABASE

LOCATION C:\USERS\NANACYK\APPDATE\ROAMING\ADOBE\COMMON

SET MEDIA CASHE SIZE SET AT 5.OO GB (SHOULD I MAXIMIZE THIS TO 10 GM??) AND

CLEAN THAT CASHE OUT

IT WAS SET FOR ONCE A MONTH

CHECKED DISPLAY MEDIA TIMECODE IN SOURCEFRAMERATE AND IN\OUT POINTS SHOW

MEDIA OFFSET

SCRATCHDISKS ARE ALL SAME AS PROJECT 24.8 GB

STOP MOTION CAPTURE IS ONION SKINNING OPACITY LEVEL 50 NUMBER OF SKINS 3

PLAYBACK FRAME RATE IS 12

TITLER STYLE SWATCHES Aa 2 CHARACTERS

WEB SHARING IS CHECK FOR SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY

(Do you remember which file was the first one that you dragged to the

Timeline?)

THE MOVIE CONTENT HAS TITLES FROM PE12 SOME ANIMATED TEXT, SOUND EFFECTS,

SOME MOVIE EFFECTS ON VIDEOS,

The above is addressing the set up of the project. Once we know that the

above is set up optimally and if the problem persists, we can go on to

factor in or out other factors. If it gets to a point where we have to dig

deeper into the Timeline content and structure,

a. one approach would be to make copies of the problem project and one by

one eliminate specific type of content. Then determine if you can do the

burn to folder. I suggest that so that you will not be using up DVD discs

during this troubleshooting. Once successful with the burn to folder, then

we can confirm the success using the burn to disc.

b. you can also go back to the Edit area, expand the Timeline with the -+

slider, open all the tracks, and inspect the Timeline tracks content for

gaps, transition placements, Timeline menu marker placement, title

placement, and fragments scattered about the Timeline tracks.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU RESPONDING TO MY DILEMMA I HAVE BEEN MAKING THIS

MOVIE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS FINALLY FINISHED AFTER A YEAR AND HALF AND NOW I

CANT GET IT OFF MY COMPUTER. THE THING IS IT SAVED OKAY A FEW WEEKS BACK

AND ALL I DID WAS FIX SOME VOLUME ISSUE AND NOW IT WONT SAVE. TO MPEG IT

CLOSES THE PROGRAM NOT EVEN HAVE WAY THROUGH.

I SAVED AS THIS MOVIE A FEW TIMES SO DONT KNOW IF IT GOT A PROBLEM THAT

WAY. I REALIZED ALL THE RENDERED FILES WERE TAKING UP MY COMPUTER SPACE SO

BASICALLY I TOOK OFF ALMOST ALL THE FILES I HAD ON THEIR JUST TO HOST THE

MOVIE AND ALL SUPORTED FILES. I WISH I COULD TAKE IT OFF MY LABTOP AND ON

TO MY DESKTOP THAT HAS MORE SPACE. THE WHOLE IDEA OF DOING THIS MOVIE ALL

OVER MAKES ME WANT TO PASS OUT. I HAVE A DESKTOP WINDOWS 7 ARE THEIR ISSUES

WITH WINDOWS 8 OR NOW ME UPDATING TO WINDOWS 8.1 AND PE12?

SHOULD I TAKE OUT ALL THE PSD FILES AND TURN THEM INTO JPEG MID TO LOW

I HAVE 24.7GB OF OPEN SPACE I HAVE SAVED THIS FILE IN A NEW FOLDER

EVERYTIME. WILL WORK ON CHECKING FOR GAPS ETC.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME

• 3. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
              Nancy K Lindway Level 1

NL: I HAVE PE VERSION12 MY OPERATING SYSTEM STARTED OUT AS MICROSOFT 8 AND I UPDATED DURING THE MOVIE MAKING TO 8.1

(AUDIO).WAV AND SOME SOUND EFFECTS FROM PE12

(VIDEO) .MPG AND A FEW WERE TAKEN BY MY BROTHERS IPAD .MOV (THE VIDEOS WERE TAKEN BY A CAMCODER IN THE 90'S THAT I CONVERTED THROUGH HONESTECH VHS TO DVD 7.0)

PE12 .SWF GRAPHICS MP4

(PHOTOS) WERE MADE FROM PHOTOSHOP 11 MOSTLY SOME COULD HAVE BEEN 12 MADE IN THE FILM VIDEO FORMAT WITH THE LINES

I FLATTENED ALL THE PSD FILES AND TRIED TO SHRINK THE JPEG WITHOUT HAVING TO IMPORT AGAIN. MADE THE CHANGED IN PHOTOSHOP 11 AND THEY UPDATED IN PE12 (NEXT MOVIE I REALIZED I SHOULD HAVE MADE THEM ALL MED TO LOW JPEG

NTSC DV W720 H480 RESOLUTION 72 RGB COLOR

a. Photoshop and jpegs - pixel dimensions and how many....was the CMYK color profile applied to any of them? I DONT KNOW WHAT OR WHERE I CAN SELECT SMYK

WILL NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN b) THE ONLY THING I KNOW HOW TO SEE IS  FRAME RATE ON MOST ARE 29.97 fps 4 of the videos  24.00 fps IN THE PROJECT ASSET FILE

IPAD CAMERA WILL TRY TO UPDATE THAT IS THE ONLY RECENT RECORDING

GENERAL

PREROLL 2 SECONDS

PSTROOL 2 SECONDS

VIDEO TRANSISTION DEFAULT DURATION 30 FRAME

AUDIO TRANSISTION DEFALUT DURATION 1.00 SECON

STILL IMAGE DEFAULT DURATION 150 FRAMES

TIMLINE PLAYBACK AUTO-SCROLLING PAGE SCROLL

(CHECKED) PLAY WORK AREA AFTERRENDERING PREVIES DEFAULT SCALE TO FRAME SIZE APPLY TRANSITION ON SMART TRIM SHOW CONTEXTUAL POP UPS ON DROP TIMELINE RENDER QUALITY DRAFT QUALITY, HIGH SPEED

AUDIO

CHECKED PLAY AUDIO WHILE SCRUBBING AUDIO MIXER KEYFRAM OPTIMIZATION CHECKED MINIMUM TIME INTERVAL THINNING MIN TIME 20 MILLISECONDS

SMART MIX OPTIONS

TRACK DEFAULT CRITERIA BACKGROUND

MERGE PAUSE OF 2 SECONDS LOWERE BACKGROUND 15%

AUDIO OUTPUT MAPPING SPEAKERS (VIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO 1 - 2

AUTOMATICALLY SAVE PROJECTS NOT SELECTED

CAPTURE CHECKED REPORT DROPPED FRAMES

DEVICES DV/HDV DEVICE CONTROL

PREROLL 2 SECOND

TIMECODE OFFSET 0 FRAME

MEDIA CASHE DATABASE

LOCATION C:\USERS\NANACYK\APPDATE\ROAMING\ADOBE\COMMON

SET MEDIA CASHE SIZE SET AT 5.OO GB (SHOULD I MAXIMIZE THIS TO 10 GM??) AND CLEAN THAT CASHE OUT

IT WAS SET FOR ONCE A MONTH

CHECKED DISPLAY MEDIA TIMECODE IN SOURCEFRAMERATE AND IN\OUT POINTS SHOW MEDIA OFFSET

SCRATCHDISKS ARE ALL SAME AS PROJECT 24.8 GB

STOP MOTION CAPTURE IS ONION SKINNING OPACITY LEVEL 50 NUMBER OF SKINS 3

PLAYBACK FRAME RATE IS 12

TITLER STYLE SWATCHES Aa 2 CHARACTERS

WEB SHARING IS CHECK FOR SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY

THE MOVIE CONTENT HAS TITLES FROM PE12 SOME ANIMATED TEXT, SOUND EFFECTS, SOME MOVIE EFFECTS ON VIDEOS,

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU RESPONDING TO MY DILEMMA I HAVE BEEN MAKING THIS MOVIE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS FINALLY FINISHED AFTER A YEAR AND HALF AND NOW I CANT GET IT OFF MY COMPUTER. THE THING IS IT SAVED OKAY A FEW WEEKS BACK AND ALL I DID WAS FIX SOME VOLUME ISSUE AND NOW IT WONT SAVE. TO MPEG IT CLOSES THE PROGRAM NOT EVEN HAVE WAY THROUGH.

I SAVED AS THIS MOVIE A FEW TIMES SO DONT KNOW IF IT GOT A PROBLEM THAT WAY. I REALIZED ALL THE RENDERED FILES WERE TAKING UP MY COMPUTER SPACE SO BASICALLY I TOOK OFF ALMOST ALL THE FILES I HAD ON THEIR JUST TO HOST THE MOVIE AND ALL SUPORTED FILES. I WISH I COULD TAKE IT OFF MY LABTOP AND ON TO MY DESKTOP THAT HAS MORE SPACE. THE WHOLE IDEA OF DOING THIS MOVIE ALL OVER MAKES ME WANT TO PASS OUT. I HAVE A DESKTOP WINDOWS 7 ARE THEIR ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 8 OR NOW ME UPDATING TO WINDOWS 8.1 AND PE12?

SHOULD I TAKE OUT ALL THE PSD FILES AND TURN THEM INTO JPEG MID TO LOW

I HAVE 24.7GB OF OPEN SPACE I HAVE SAVED THIS FILE IN A NEW FOLDER EVERYTIME. WILL WORK ON CHECKING FOR GAPS ETC.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME

• 4. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy K Lindway

Thanks for the follow up with the details of your issue.

I just wanted to acknowledge that I saw your replies and am going over them. I hope to have comments for you tomorrow (as early in the day as possible).

Lots to discuss.

To be continued.....

ATR

• 5. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy K Lindway

Thank you for the information about your situation. I have reviewed and thought about your situation and the following are my concerns and suggestions.

First, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, and look to the category named Disc Encoding. What computer location is that pointed to? And, how much free hard drive space is at that location? If less than 100 GB, then please stop and let me know. Otherwise, read on with a plan assuming that the Disc Encoding Folder is in a location with lots of free hard drive space.

You mention a computer with more resources. If it gets to that.... if that other computer has Premiere Elements 12 installed, then you could consider computer 1 File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy Project option to put copies of the project file and copies of its source media in a Copied Folder saved to the computer 1 hard drive. Transfer the Copied Folder to USB Flash Drive for transfer of the folder to computer 2. Open the Copied Folder in computer 2, open the project file by right clicking the project file inside the Copied Folder and selecting Open With Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

The following would be useful in various scenarios....

1. If you have already devoted 1 1/2 years to this wonderful project on your Dad's life, it seems too late to change the project settings. But, best to know what they are. So, please open the project and go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell me what the readings are for

Editing Mode

Timebase

Frame Size

Pixel Aspect Ratio

even if the fields look grayed out.

As an example, if you have the project for

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

then the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General area would look like

Project Settings.JPG

In this example, the Editing Mode = HD 1080i; Timebase = 29.97 frames/second; Frame Size = 1920 horizontal and 1080 vertical; Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels (1.0). This is just an example, yours may be different. Whatever you see in your situation is what I need to know.

2. From what you wrote, you seem OK with everything up to the export part. If you have not done the following, please do this and let me know the results.

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

burn to Folder (4.7 GB).

Make sure to give the burn to a distinctive name in the burn dialog and make note of the Save In location that you designate for the folder that will be saved to the computer hard drive. Have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space", set the preset to correspond to the project settings that we mention in "1" above, if the information points to a 4:3 project, then set the burn to folder preset for NTSC_Dolby DVD; whereas if the information points to a 16:9 project, then set the burn to folder preset for NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. Hit the Burn button. Do you get

a. message from the program that the burn to folder was a success

and

b. do you find the saved folder from the process at the location that you set in the burn dialog before you hit the Burn button?

Let us work through the above. If you can get a burn to folder, then we can take the VIDEO_TS Folder in the saved folder and take it to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc using the free ImgBurn program.

Please consider. If you have questions or need clarification on any of the above, please let us know. I think that all that we have and will compile from the posts so far will expedite arriving to a solution.

Thank you for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 6. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                    Nancy K Lindway Level 1

Thanks for your response and research. I did follow prior email directions

and saw things I needed to fix in the timeline when I followed your

instruction. I got it to save to usb and was able to view it from there on

my tv. I now want to finish with these instructions to see if I can produce

a dvd. I did try to save it to a file on my computer but when I burned the

dvd saved as a file on my computer the tv didn't recognize the dvd and the

file format. So I thought it better to put the saved movie on the dvd to

burn. Havent tried that yet. Have a relative in the hospital. So will hope

to try your suggestions. Good lesson on my way. So thanks for caring to

help me.

Nancy

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like good progress.

There can be problems with burn to ISO Image. If the .iso file produced by Premiere Elements is over 1 GB, the disc product produced using that .iso file is not recognized by the player. Please check out the following to see if any of it applies to your situation and choice of burn to.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

Please update us on your progress as your time permits. Hope that your relative is well and returns home to the family.

Best Wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                        Nancy K Lindway Level 1

added mp4 files one is 105269,kb 83555 kib, 85, 850 made from a cool new program I found called Smartshow 3d they have cool animations that I wanted to add to the grandparents season in my movie. I tired to render with them in and took them out and the problem remained I could not render without getting a compiling error.while trying to publish a widescreen view for viewing on computer. They are mp4 and does it matter what program they were created in. I rendered the whole movie before I published it with no problem. I tried to put them into a PE project and publish them but it blurrs the pictures alot. I made them in a HD

Full HD 1080p Quality 7999 Kbt Full Size 56 MB Advanced setting Audio codec AAC Channels Stero Frame rate 30 sample rate 48000 Bit rate 256 (Dont know if those numbers help) I may just be forced to add this part to the movie. I thought it would be ok because it was a mp4 no matter how it was created. Because I cant get the movie out into dvd computer or Vimeo which is my goal after a year and half of making this movie.

I am realizing now of which I didnt do not knowing what I was doing I would have made the movie with much smaller jpeg although I made them all in the video base layer not just simple photos. They are made in Photoshop Elements collages and photo artistry with blended photos. I would have organized the files better as I went. Now that they are all imported they are in multiple folders on a laptop that has hardly nothing on it and I only have  14.5 GB free of 186 GB. I would like to take this off the laptop and put it on my desktop that has higher then GB T somthing. I finally think I am done. Before I got the movie onto a usb drive the size is 2,427,340 KB. The Premier Elements file is 22,926 KB. This weekend I will try to free up more space but have already taken almost everything off this laptop that I wish I never bought.

• 9. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                          Nancy K Lindway Level 1

added mp4 files one is 105269,kb 83555 kib, 85, 850 made from a cool new program I found called Smartshow 3d they have cool animations that I wanted to add to the grandparents season in my movie. I tired to render with them in and took them out and the problem remained I could not render without getting a compiling error.while trying to publish a widescreen view for viewing on computer. They are mp4 and does it matter what program they were created in. I rendered the whole movie before I published it with no problem. I tried to put them into a PE project and publish them but it blurrs the pictures alot. I made them in a HD

Full HD 1080p Quality 7999 Kbt Full Size 56 MB Advanced setting Audio codec AAC Channels Stero Frame rate 30 sample rate 48000 Bit rate 256 (Dont know if those numbers help) I may just be forced to add this part to the movie. I thought it would be ok because it was a mp4 no matter how it was created. Because I cant get the movie out into dvd computer or Vimeo which is my goal after a year and half of making this movie.

I am realizing now of which I didnt do not knowing what I was doing I would have made the movie with much smaller jpeg although I made them all in the video base layer not just simple photos. They are made in Photoshop Elements collages and photo artistry with blended photos. I would have organized the files better as I went. Now that they are all imported they are in multiple folders on a laptop that has hardly nothing on it and I only have  14.5 GB free of 186 GB. I would like to take this off the laptop and put it on my desktop that has higher then GB T somthing. I finally think I am done. Before I got the movie onto a usb drive the size is 2,427,340 KB. The Premier Elements file is 22,926 KB. This weekend I will try to free up more space but have already taken almost everything off this laptop that I wish I never bought

project settings from the above ? General looks greyed out Editing mode HD 1080i Also greyed out 29.97 frames second Video is Frame Size 1920 horizontal 1080 vertical is not greyed out

Pixel Aspect Ratio greyed out is Square Pixel (1.0) Fields Upper Field First Display Format is 30fps Drop Frame Timecode

Title safe area 20 %horizontal 20 % vertical Action Safe Area 10 % horizontal 10% vertical Audio Sample Rate Greyed out is 48000Hz Display Format Audio Samples

Capture Format HDV

Video Rendering (is not checked Maxiumum Bit Depth (Do I need to check this box)

File format 1-frame only mpeg Compressor MPEG 1- Frame all greyed out

the Optimize Sills is a checked box

All of which when starting the video I must have accepted the default because I ddint know I needed to change any of this.

I of course want to have clarity in pictures in videos and utilize widescreen viewing in what I put out.

• 10. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy K Lindway

Thanks for the update. I am still reading through your details and will have more comments in the morning morning.

For now, just wanted to ask

1. Are you having problems with your burn to and export to file for the Premiere Elements project whether or not you have the mp4 from Smartshow 3D in that project? I just wanted to double check that point.

2. You mention running low on hard drive space...so a caution...do not move, delete, or rename folders and files that went into your project after you save close the project. If you do, you will run into some difficult source media-project disconnect problems.

To be continued...

ATR

• 11. Re: Exporting my movie to file and dvd
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Nancy K Lindway

When you have an .mp4 file, that description only gives the file extension of the file (called wrapper or container format). That wrapper format wraps the important video and audio compression of the file. So, that video and audio compression can vary from .mp4 to .mp4 and from export settings from program to program...depends on what settings are available and what choices you make in the export settings.

If you created a 1080p file in Smartshow 3D, that is a good resolution, that is, 1920 x 1080.

But, if your presentation contains only those photos and the Smartshow 3D videos (1080p), I would have used the project preset

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

It looks like you have used the program's default setting which is for 1080i, not 1080p. But, I do not see that as the cause of your compiling error. Please refer to the Adobe document about Premiere Elements Compiling Errors

"Error compiling movie" during render or export

The computer clean up is a good idea and needed. You also might want to include a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

The free cleaner version is what I am suggesting, not a purchased version.

In your computer optimization this weekend, your main objective should be to optimize the computer, but protect your Premiere Elements source files and project file. Do not under any conditions, move, delete, or rename any of the folders/files that went into your project file after it is saved closed.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR