• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 13 -- Can't obtain a response code during the offline activation method

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with activating Photoshop Elements 13. The program itself won't even let me enter my adobe id (seems like it can't connect to the internet, even though my internet connection works just fine otherwise; I even tried deactivating my firewall and my antivir program). So I tried the offline activation method but I can't obtain a response code; I entered (and checked) both my serial number and my activation code but the latter seems to be invalid (even though it worked just fine when using it to get the serial code). I have already consulted the troubleshooting page and looked into my host file and the certificate - to no avail.

I have to say that this process of installing a program should not be as tedious and tiresome as it is to install photoshop elements. Any help to get this to work? OS is Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

This could an technical issue that you are unable to activate PSE 13 and getting error message .

If you are getting error message like " You may try below steps :

End all Adobe related processes from Task Manager .

Step 1)

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete Opm.db file.

Step 2)

1)Open Contr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements should be looking for a 24 digit serial number when you install it.

If you bought it from Adobe, you can download it and see the instructions here:

Download Photoshop Elements products | 13, 12, 11, 10

If you bought it elsewhere, you may have a redemption code instead. Please see these links for assistance or contact the seller:

Redemption Code Help

Serial numbers, redemption codes, and product codes | Student and teacher editions.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but this did not help. I indeed have a redemption code (I called it activation code in the original post, sorry) and have already used it to obtain a serial number. But as soon as I want to use it during the offline activation process, it tells me that it is invalid. The serial number has already been entered successfully during the installation process.

I will contact the reseller about this and report back here (though I cannot see how they may help me with this? I would not have this problem if the installer could connect to the adobe servers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could an technical issue that you are unable to activate PSE 13 and getting error message .

If you are getting error message like " You may try below steps :

End all Adobe related processes from Task Manager .

Step 1)

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete Opm.db file.

Step 2)

1)Open Control Panel and then click on the option "Network and Internet" .

2)Click on Internet options, click on 'Connections' tab.

3)In the 'Connections' tab, select 'LAN' settings, you will be able to view the Local area network settings box.

4)Check the box-"Automatically Detect Settings" and then "uncheck" all the other check boxes like 'Use automatic configuration script', 'Use a proxy server' , Bypass proxy server' ,then click on ok button .

5)Click on "LAN settings" button again , make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is the only option selected, keep the LAN properties window open.

Once you had deleted Opm.db file and set LAN settings to detect settings Automatically , launch Photoshop Elements installer and try to enter serial number and check.

Still same???

Step 3 :

Navigate to C: Program files(x86) > Common Files >Adobe.

Under Common Files > Adobe.

If present Delete Adobe Application Manager folder.

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation process is completed, locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop and double click on it .

It will start update process.

once it is completed, try to activate serial number and check,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Step 1 and Step 2 did not change the behavior (the installer still could not connect to the internet), deleting the Adobe Application Manager folder, installing it, starting it and signing in with my Adobe id there did the trick. The Photoshop Elements 13 installer recognized my Adobe ID all by itself.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy to hear that.

You are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well as I am have got nowhere fast trying to enter code, read all this and it is obvious you are happy to tAKE THE MONEY, BUT DONT MAKE IT EASY OR UER FRIENDLY TO DO, WILL BE GOING BACK TO THE SHOP FOR THEM TO SORT IT, VERY ANGRY, AND FRUSTRATED WASTE OF TIME AND PETROL MONEY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines