11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 7:02 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

daphnebonecrusher

I bought a Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 7 Professional that came with a DVD burner.  I bought an internal Pioneer BDR-209 DBK, Blu-ray burner and installed it.  I had to disable the manufacturer's DVD player because there was only one plug for a DVD burner.  I am using Premiere Elements 13.  I made a movie and then tried to burn it to Blu-ray but got an error  message "media not present."  If I try to burn to a DVD it does recognize the DVD but won't recognize  a blu-ray.  How do I get it to recognize my blu-ray so I can burn a blu-ray?

• 1. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecrusher

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? And, have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

The burner dialog Status: Media Not Present is a difficult issue to resolve. Some of these issues go unresolved, while others do respond to:

a. try another brand and type disc

or

b. program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

or

c. try another burner (USB external Blu-ray burner for convenience).

It might be a good idea to determine how deep the burn to Blu-ray issues go in your situation, that is, if you do

Publish+Share

Disc

Blu-ray

burn to ISO Image 25 GB, does that work? Here I am assuming that, although the burn dialog Status shows Media Not Preset, the burn dialog is showing the name of your Blu-ray burner in the burner location field when you try to do the burn to disc.

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
            daphnebonecrusher Level 1

I'm running Windows 7 Professional.  I have not updated yet but will do so.a.  I used two different brands Memorex and Verbatim and got the same message.  b.  I'm not doing this.  This is a brand new computer.  I did disable my anti-virus when I installed Premiere Elements.c.  I don't have an external Blu-ray burner.  I thought the internal would run faster and would certainly take less room than an external.  I will burn to ISO image and see if that works.

To: Michelle Brodie <brodie@sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:08 PM

Subject:  How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiondaphnebonecrusher On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? And, have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that. The burner dialog Status: Media Not Present is a difficult issue to resolve. Some of these issues go unresolved, while others do respond to:a. try another brand and type discorb. program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.orc. try another burner (USB external Blu-ray burner for convenience). It might be a good idea to determine how deep the burn to Blu-ray issues go in your situation, that is, if you doPublish+ShareDiscBlu-rayburn to ISO Image 25 GB, does that work? Here I am assuming that, although the burn dialog Status shows Media Not Preset, the burn dialog is showing the name of your Blu-ray burner in the burner location field when you try to do the burn to disc. Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7614710#7614710 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7614710#7614710 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

I have tried everything you suggested and nothing works.  It recognizes my Pioneer Burner and will burn to a DVD but it still says "media not present" when I try to burn a Blu-ray.  So I burned an ISO image and then tried to burn a Blu-ray using Burn Aware software and it still didn't work.Please help. 

Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:08 PM

Subject:  How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiondaphnebonecrusher On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? And, have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that. The burner dialog Status: Media Not Present is a difficult issue to resolve. Some of these issues go unresolved, while others do respond to:a. try another brand and type discorb. program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.orc. try another burner (USB external Blu-ray burner for convenience). It might be a good idea to determine how deep the burn to Blu-ray issues go in your situation, that is, if you doPublish+ShareDiscBlu-rayburn to ISO Image 25 GB, does that work? Here I am assuming that, although the burn dialog Status shows Media Not Preset, the burn dialog is showing the name of your Blu-ray burner in the burner location field when you try to do the burn to disc. Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7614710#7614710 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7614710#7614710 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecr

I am not sure what is happening with the posting of replies with your thread...a web site issue?? I see listing that your thread was posted to  5 minutes ago, yet all I find is the last post dated 6/5/2015 9:25 PM when it is 6/10/2015 12:02 AM now.

Nonetheless, I will offer these comments as we await further results.

It is your decision what troubleshooting you wish to do. From a troubleshooting perspective, the newness of your computer is not a shield. Independent of the age of the computer, there are times when installations have flaws which can be corrected by program uninstall reinstall. The free ccleaner is used in between those two processes to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls, reinstall from Adobe or other products. Often, the inclusion of the cleaning is critical to resolution of the issue.

The Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray burn to ISO Image can have problems of its own. There is a known issue related to the usability of the .iso file generated if its file size is over 1 GB. ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

And, often disabling of the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference and the dating of the video card/graphics card driver version can make a difference whether or not you can find the .iso file after a project message of successful generation of the .iso file.

The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined. And, this is not Adobe here, rather user to user. I can only tell you want has worked for me, what has worked for others. So, please keep an open mind about the troubleshooting as we try to factor in or out way to gain resolution to the issue.

We are eager for you to succeed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecrusher

I suspect that there was a posting delay that confused the posting sequence for me. I saw your latest post only after I had just posted.

What was the file size of the .iso image that you took to Blu-ray disc? If over 1 GB, the result that you obtained is expected (please see link in my prior post). You would have gotten the same result if you used the free ImgBurn if the Premiere Elements .iso file taken to Blu-ray disc were over 1 GB in file size.

Please review the comments in the thread that I just posted (post number 4).

Think about the uninstall reinstall. For best results, I would ask you to consider the ccleaner incorporated. If not, you can take your chances with just the uninstall reinstall. Please review our discussion and think about the suggestions.

I will revisit your thread in the morning. It is pushing 12:25 am where I am.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

I am running Windows 7.The ISO image was not over 1 GB.  It would not burn to Blu-ray.I uninstalled Premiere Elements, ran CCleaner, disabled MacAfee, and reinstalled PRE 13, I put in two different brands of Blu-ray and still both times it said "media not present."

Do you have any other suggestions?        From: A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:29 PM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiondaphnebonecrusher I suspect that there was a posting delay that confused the posting sequence for me. I saw your latest post only after I had just posted. What was the file size of the .iso image that you took to Blu-ray disc? If over 1 GB, the result that you obtained is expected (please see link in my prior post). You would have gotten the same result if you used the free ImgBurn if the Premiere Elements .iso file taken to Blu-ray disc were over 1 GB in file size. Please review the comments in the thread that I just posted (post number 4). Think about the uninstall reinstall. For best results, I would ask you to consider the ccleaner incorporated. If not, you can take your chances with just the uninstall reinstall. Please review our discussion and think about the suggestions. I will revisit your thread in the morning. It is pushing 12:25 am where I am. Thanks for the follow up. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7625854#7625854 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7625854#7625854 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 7. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecrusher

Thank you for the update. Sorry that the news was not better. You have done all the indicated solutions and still "Media Not Present".

Do you have access to a USB external Blu-ray burner that you could use in the troubleshooting?

At this point, we look to more seemingly less related possibilities, but....

a. Does the problem exist with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disabled?

b. Does the problem exist if you create a new user account with administrative privileges, install and try to run Premiere Elements from there?

c. Would an uninstall of McAfee instead of just disabling it result in the same problem?

Please remind me "How many burners does your computer have, and are they all enabled?"

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

I bought an external Blu-ray burner and was able to burn a small project.

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:20 AM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiondaphnebonecrusher Thank you for the update. Sorry that the news was not better. You have done all the indicated solutions and still "Media Not Present". Do you have access to a USB external Blu-ray burner that you could use in the troubleshooting? At this point, we look to more seemingly less related possibilities, but.... a. Does the problem exist with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disabled?b. Does the problem exist if you create a new user account with administrative privileges, install and try to run Premiere Elements from there?c. Would an uninstall of McAfee instead of just disabling it result in the same problem? Please remind me "How many burners does your computer have, and are they all enabled?" Please consider. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7630610#7630610 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7630610#7630610 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 9. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecrusher

Great news. Please update us on your progress with the new external Blu-ray burner as your schedule permits.

Does it use a USB connection? If so, one or two?

Best wishes moving forward with your projects.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 10. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?

It uses USB 3.0.  You can use it with one connection but it came with two USB connections in case of power outage.

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:41 AM

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussiondaphnebonecrusher Great news. Please update us on your progress with the new external Blu-ray burner as your schedule permits. Does it use a USB connection? If so, one or two? Best wishes moving forward with your projects. Thanks for the follow ups. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7647304#7647304 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7647304#7647304 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 11. Re: How do I burn to blu-ray disc  when I get the error message "media not present"?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

daphnebonecrusher

Sounding good.

Thanks for the follow up additional details.

Best wishes

ATR