1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 10:12 PM by A.T. Romano

what do i do when my computer crashes and then blue screens when i am use this?

chrisk64763622

i had bought the program in march of 2015 and once i had gotten it, every now and again my computer would crash and have a blue screen. the past 3 days everytime i try to render my videos or publish them to my computer, it crashes and blue screens no matter what. a few days ago it had also lost all of my stuff and had me re type in the code and everything saying that i didnt even have the software. what doe this mean and what can i do?

• 1. Re: what do i do when my computer crashes and then blue screens when i am use this?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk

What version of Premiere Elements (13?) and on what computer operating system is it running?

If 13, have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the program as administrator?

Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

What about your computer - description of processor, clock speed, installed/available RAM, free hard drive space? All computer updating done?

What are the typical source media files that you work with? What is the typical size project? What are your typical exports. And, another typical, what are you typically doing in or to the program/project when these failures occur? Does the project preset match the properties of the source media?

At this point, the quickest route would appear to do

uninstall

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

when convinced 13 is working then up date 13 to 13.1

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR