3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 6:21 AM by ERAJSKO

Star wars crawl problem - I´m trying to achieve a similar crawl!

ERAJSKO

...but it's just a leveraged leaning text... Have tried both orientation and X-rotation, same result! I looked through different tutorials, and Think I do the same as the tutor, with the crawl, and as a still it looks good, but the text just doesn´t seem to sail away in an "A-path" as in Star Wars. Have AE CS3.

• 1. Re: Star wars crawl problem - I´m trying to achieve a similar crawl!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you anything without seeing some exact settings and a screenshot.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Star wars crawl problem - I´m trying to achieve a similar crawl!
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            1. Create your text layer by drawing out a text box 80% the width of the comp starting at the top and extending past the bottom
            2. Set the anchor point of the text layer near the top 1/3 of the frame using the Anchor Point tool
            3. Make the layer 3D
            4. Add a camera with a 35MM lens
            5. Move the text layer away from the camera in Z until the top line of text is about at the top 1/3 of the frame
            6. Rotate the text layer in X until the bottom visible line of text covers about 80% of 90% of the frame - you've got your angled text
            7. Use the Rectangle Tool (q) to draw a solid filled layer the covers the top 1/3 of the frame and extends above and to the right and left of the frame or add a solid layer and move it into the proper position
            8. Add fast blur to the shape layer and increase the blur value until the top couple of lines are visible through the blurred edge of the shape layer
            9. Move the shape layer just above the text layer and set it as an inverse alpha track matte to create the fade out
            10. Add a position animator to your text layer by selecting Animate>Position from the timeline panel
            11. Animate the y position of the added position animator so that it takes the top line of your text about 5 seconds to reach the top 1//3 of the screen and fade out
            12. Add your star background layer as a 2D layer below it all

That's about it. Your project would look something like this before adding the background layer:

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 8.23.58 AM.png

• 3. Re: Star wars crawl problem - I´m trying to achieve a similar crawl!
              ERAJSKO Level 1

Thank You, I´ll get on it tomorrow!