5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2015 11:08 AM by A.T. Romano

flicker

Yours4Everdvd

On some of my videos I've edited in Primer objects like tree leafs, signs and other things seem to flicker. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this issue. I would like to add this issue does not happen every time. The camera is the same every time.

• 1. Re: flicker
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Yours4Everdvd

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you working with interlaced video?

If interlaced

a. right click Timeline clip, select Field Options from the pop up menu, followed by Flicker Removal.

or

b. highlight/select clip, then use Anti-Filter Filter in the Motion Panel of Properties or Applied Effects Palette (depending on what version of Premiere Elements that you are using).

Please supply details so that we can be more specific with the information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: flicker
            Yours4Everdvd Level 1

Elements 13, Windows 7. These are videos from a GoPro. I'm beginning to think I should have saved them at 30fps instead of 24. Could that be my problem?

To: steven monroe <thblues@swbell.net>

Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Subject:  flicker

flicker

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionYours4Everdvd What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? Are you working with interlaced video? If interlaceda. right click Timeline clip, select Field Options from the pop up menu, followed by Flicker Removal.orb. highlight/select clip, then use Anti-Filter Filter in the Motion Panel of Properties or Applied Effects Palette (depending on what version of Premiere Elements that you are using). Please supply details so that we can be more specific with the information. Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7615498#7615498 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7615498#7615498 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: flicker
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Yours4Everdvd

Thanks for the reply.

The first thing that we need to do is to determine whether or not the video is interlaced rather than progressive. The two flickers options that I pointed you to were intended for interlaced video with problem related to the two fields within a frame. If not interlaced video, then we look elsewhere to define and try to solve your workflow issues.

Your issue may be related to project setting and match to source media rather than a specific 30 vs 24 progressive frames per second.

What is your project's project preset? If you do not know, please tell us what is listed under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General's

Editing Mode

Timebase

Frame Size

Pixel Aspect Ratio

even if the fields look grayed out.

And, what are the properties of your source GoPro files 1080p24 or something else?

When you import your file into the project (Expert workspace Timeline), is there an orange line over that Timeline content?

If so, do you press the Render button above the Timeline, resulting in the orange line becoming a green line? And, is it the Timeline rendered content that plays back with issues?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: flicker
                Yours4Everdvd Level 1

ATR: Thank you, once I used the Flicker Removal, the problem was resolved.

Steve

To: steven monroe <thblues@swbell.net>

Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 11:56 AM

Subject:  flicker

flicker

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionYours4Everdvd Thanks for the reply. The first thing that we need to do is to determine whether or not the video is interlaced rather than progressive. The two flickers options that I pointed you to were intended for interlaced video with problem related to the two fields within a frame. If not interlaced video, then we look elsewhere to define and try to solve your workflow issues. Your issue may be related to project setting and match to source media rather than a specific 30 vs 24 progressive frames per second.What is your project's project preset? If you do not know, please tell us what is listed under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General'sEditing ModeTimebaseFrame SizePixel Aspect Ratioeven if the fields look grayed out. And, what are the properties of your source GoPro files 1080p24 or something else?When you import your file into the project (Expert workspace Timeline), is there an orange line over that Timeline content?If so, do you press the Render button above the Timeline, resulting in the orange line becoming a green line? And, is it the Timeline rendered content that plays back with issues? Let us start here and then decide what next. Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7615643#7615643 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7615643#7615643 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: flicker
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Yours4Everdvd

Thanks for that follow up great news that the Field Options/Flicker Removal option resolved your flicker issue.

If you have time, you might want to compare the results with the Field Options way versus the Motion Panel's AntiFlicker filter way.

But as they say, do not mess with a good thing.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements' workflows.

ATR