1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2015 3:04 PM by phillydave

Lightroom 6 import process is not detecting previously imported photos from Lightroom mobile

JasonOliver

Lightroom 6 import process is not detecting previously imported photos from Lightroom mobile as duplicates.  Am I missing a setting?  I imported photos for the past few months into my library via Lightroom mobile.  Now when I plug my iPhone directly into my computer to ensure I have all the photos transferred it isn't detecting the photos previously imported via mobile as already existing and wanting to re-import them.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 import process is not detecting previously imported photos from Lightroom mobile
          phillydave Level 2

I just went through the exercise of creating new collection on my phone and putting 2 new images (original shot + instagram version) in to the collection. Went to my computer, saw the collection sync from LR mobile. Plugged my phone in to the computer, tried to import, and it recognized those two images as being duplicates / already in the catalog.

But in order for LR to know they are duplicates, the file name, exif, and all that stuff has to line up. Is it possible you're renaming them or otherwise altering them on your phone that's making the duplicate matchup impossible?

On a side note, the stuff that comes in that way is in a non-friendly folder so I'd move them to my iPhone backup folder, anyway.