2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 11:41 AM by paula97128108

Facial Recognition on TIFFfiles

paula97128108

My catalogs of TIFF files do not work with the face detection. The JPG files work fine. Is this a limitation of the program?

• 1. Re: Facial Recognition on TIFFfiles
          phillydave Level 2

I was able to both have Lightroom find faces in my tiff files and manually draw the face regions (I just tested it again since I normally shoot raw). Check to make sure the feature is on. If you chose the option to not automatically scan, you can click the face button to start the process.

• 2. Re: Facial Recognition on TIFFfiles
            paula97128108 Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem:

The drive with my TIFF images was not mounted. It's odd that the face

detection dutifully scanned through each of the 6000 images in my library

telling me that no face was detected when there actually was no full size

images at all for it to use. Would have been nice to have a simple message

that the drive was not connected.

Accuracy is very good, but very slow also compared with Google. The guesses

are mostly right, so how does it decide to accept guesses and when to get

verification from the user?

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 8:02 PM, lightroomfanatic <forums_noreply@adobe.com>