3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 5:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't play .mts files

kickvoor

I'm using Elements 13 and I am able to import my mts files in the timeline.

However, if I press the play-button the video won't play back.

• 1. Re: Can't play .mts files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kickvoor

Premiere Elements on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video? AVCHD, 2 channel or 5.1 channel Dolby Digital, frame rate (interlaced or progressive)?

What is the project preset and does it match the properties of the source media?

Are you playing back the rendered Timeline?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? Are you running the programs as administrator? Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the care or manufacturer of the computer?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. We will clarify at any time.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't play .mts files
            kickvoor Level 1

Thanks, After updating Quicktime the problem is solved

• 3. Re: Can't play .mts files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kickvoor

Wonderful news. Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

The follow up is appreciated. Great job of working through the troubleshooting to gain your success.

Best wishes.

ATR