2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 9:39 PM by suzir93812019

Can I work Offline with Creative Cloud Products?

suzir93812019

Do I need internet access to use creative cloud products? In other words, would I still have the ability to work on files offline. I travel and often need to disconnect from wifi but still need to access Illustrator and Photoshop files. Thx

• 1. Re: Can I work Offline with Creative Cloud Products?
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Everything about the Adobe Cloud is offline apart from the licensing (and optional Cloud storage if you choose to use it).

You download and install the software locally just as you've always done. It also runs locally.

Periodically, the Cloud licensing mechanism runs an online licensing check (to ensure your membership is current). You can be offline for up to 99 days before the software will not run pending a successful licensing check.

More info: Creative Cloud / Common Questions

Do I need to be online to access my desktop apps?

No, the desktop applications in Creative Cloud, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, are installed directly on your computer, so you don’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use them.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

Annual members can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.