6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 5:47 PM by Garrett T.

Flash Pro CC Playback Skips

Garrett T. Level 1

I've just started animating with Flash Professional CC and something unusual has happened. I was working on the animation and closed the computer. The next day, I opened the computer, and everything was exactly as it was.

However, once I played the animation again on the main timeline, the animation plays to about frane 300 then immediately jumps to the last frame. If I try to play anything between these frames, it just jumps to the last frame, again. Playback using the COMMAND+ENTER shortcut works fine. I'm wondering if I accudently did something, if it's an issue that can be fixed, or if Flash just corrupted my file?

I'm using the latest version of Flash through Creative Cloud (free trial) on a Mac running the latest version of OSX.

Regards,

Garrett

• 1. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

when you test in the ide everything is ok, but when you publish a swf you see something unexpected?

• 2. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I read it as the other way around.

I wonder if there is a Stream audio in there, and that at frame 300 the playback is so far behind that it's forced to jump ahead?

• 3. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
              Garrett T. Level 1

There is a stream audio in there! But why would the playback jump ahead because of this?

• 4. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
                Garrett T. Level 1

Actually, it's the other way around: when I publish a .swf, everything is fine, but when I test in the IDE it jumps.

• 5. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
                  Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

When you press the enter key to have the play head move along the timeline, it will try to draw things and also keep up, but at the same time it's drawing all of the Flash Pro interface. If your frame 300 is especially demanding to draw in the stage preview, the play head might get to be a long way behind where the sound thinks it should be.

Would be interesting to zoom out until the stage is small, which hopefully would draw quicker. See if that makes it not jump at a certain point.

In general though, scrub the play head while you are working on the sound sync, and control-enter to really see what it's like. Just pressing enter is likely to not perform well enough.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Flash Pro CC Playback Skips
                    Garrett T. Level 1

Thank you for your answer; the concept you've described seems to fit my situation. I set the audio files back to "Event/Start" and it plays on the timeline, but it the files keep playing and I have to clip the parts I don't want by adding a custom effect and adjusting the volume.

Is there any way to fix the lagging that occurs when an audio file is on stream? It'd make it much easier!

Also, I tried changing an audio file back to stream and it doesnt jump to the last frame anymore. Rather, it plays and stops right as the audio file's suppose to start. I pause then play at that spot and the timeline only plays one frame before stopping again. This issue with the "Stream" audio is quite an issue.