3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 9:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 suddenly won't play clips or timeline. Help!

vickyb69874281

Hi, I have been working on a project for about 5 hours no problems, then suddenly it won't play the timeline or any clips, I have tired closing down and re opening, I've tried opening new project and still nothing.  I have worked hours on this project. 

I am using windows 7, 64 bit.  I have edited a few smaller projects with no problems, my computer meets all the requirements etc..

Can anyone help?

Thanks

V

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 suddenly won't play clips or timeline. Help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

V

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

What was the duration of the project's Timeline content when you ran into Timeline playback issues?

Are you saying that if you open a new project, then you cannot get playback for any Timeline content in spite of its duration?

Do you recall what the last item was that you put on the Timeline at the time of the no playback?

As a first pass at this, let us delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Depending on the results, we may explore:

a. computer resources - specifics, not just meets requirements

b. properties of your source files

c. project preset

d. Timeline rendering status

e. your audio file - track situation

f. other

Please let us know if you need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 suddenly won't play clips or timeline. Help!
            vickyb69874281 Level 1

Hi

This may sound crazy, I just rebooted my computer and hey presto it's working again.  I will look at updating.  For now i can breath a sigh of relief that all my work was not gone.

Thank you for getting back to me.  I did try earlier those suggestions i saw on another thread but couldn't find a file called app data, I can't seem to find the pref file.

Cheers

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 suddenly won't play clips or timeline. Help!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vickyb

Great news that all is working OK again.

If you cannot find the path for the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, please check the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. You may have it disabled so that the path that you need is hidden.

Type in Folder Options in the Search field above the Start Button. Folder Option link should appear at the top of that left column. Click on Folder Options.

In the Folder Options dialog that opens, click on View Tab. Then scroll down the list under the View Tab, find the option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives and dot it to enable it.

Thanks. And, best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR