4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2007 10:38 PM by Newsgroup_User

QT movie not found

razta101
      Hello again,
      Ive burnt my projector and all files to CD-ROM, when I try to view a QT movie through my projector it says "please locate movie" and wants me to point out the path to the QT movie. Ive included the QT movies in a directory called "MOV". I thought my projector would know where they were because it works fine on my PC with all files in the same directory locations.

Ive checked the cast properties on my movies and cant seem to find the place to specify the directory. The thing I dont understand is that the movies are in the same named directorys, nothing has changed apart from their on CD.

Any help appretiated,
      Ryan

P.S. The first QT movie works just not the rest of them.
        • 1. Re: QT movie not found
          Level 7
          Hi Ryan,

When you author your presentation, you should set up a directory structure that
          will stay the same as when you burn to CD. So, if you have your MOV files in a
          subfolder to the DIRs called 'MOVs', then you should have that same subfolder on
          the CD. The path relationship should not change from when you import the video
          files to when you output them to your delivery media.

I suggest you always have your video in a folder below the DIRs. You can experience
          more problems if they are at a higher level folder.

All the above being said, you can get everything to work with one quick change.
          Place all the MOVs in the same folder as the DIRs. This is the first place your
          DIRs will look before prompting the 'Where is' dialog box. So, if that's not a
          problem for you, put all the files in the same folder on the CD and all should be
          OK.

But as said before, the key is to keep the relative path relationship in author
          mode the same as delivery mode.

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

• 2. Re: QT movie not found
            razta101 Level 1
            The directory structure hasnt changed from when it was on my PC to when its on CD. Ive noticed that when the "Where is" dialog box opens its trying to open the path "C:/Documents and Settings/Ryan/My Documents/Casual/MOV/movie.mov" instead of just "/MOV/movie.mov". I suppose I could put the movie files in the root directory of the CD but if autorun is turned off on the specific PC its playing on it will look messy, clutterd and un-organised. Any suggestions?
            • 3. Re: QT movie not found
              Level 7
              On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:56:33 GMT, razta101 posted in
              macromedia.director.basics:

> " instead of just "/MOV/movie.mov".

You can set the searchPaths in a startMovie event in a movie script.

the searchPaths = [the moviePath, the moviePath &"MOV"]

See the docs for details.

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin' :)
              • 4. Re: QT movie not found
                Level 7
                razta101 wrote:

> The directory structure hasnt changed from when it was on my PC to when its on
                > CD. Ive noticed that when the "Where is" dialog box opens its trying to open
                > the path "C:/Documents and Settings/Ryan/My Documents/Casual/MOV/movie.mov"
                > instead of just "/MOV/movie.mov". I suppose I could put the movie files in the
                > root directory of the CD but if autorun is turned off on the specific PC its
                > playing on it will look messy, clutterd and un-organised. Any suggestions?
                >
                Based on the above, I should have suggested another approach - of having one
                Director file that links to another in a subfolder. That way, you avoid the mess
                of having everything at the root folder. I have explained this in the
                'Re: Change FileName to correct location' thread

regards
                Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
                http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
                http://www.multimediacreative.com.au