5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2007 1:40 AM by CraigCC

A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0

kiha58
      We got a very serious problem when WebHelp was launched in IE7.0.

We connected to the appointed locations in our applications by using bookmark of WebHelp.
      The computer code which we used in out applications such as : "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE \\device\HHH0\Webhelp\HHH0HELP.htm#HHH0D010.htm#BLK01_HISTORY_NO"
      When WebHelp was launched in IE6.0, it is normal and can show out bookmark "BLK01_HISTORY_NO" in HHH0D010.htm correctly.
      But in IE7.0 it is abnormal and can't show out "#HHH0D010.htm#BLK01_HISTORY_NO" in the URL of IE7.0.
      It's look like can't connect bookmark "BLK01_HISTORY_NO".

Please help us to solve this problem, and thank you very much.
        • 1. Re: A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          I don't know but I would suspect that part of the problem is that you are trying to run a program on the user's PC but that should also apply to IE6.

Nonetheless I would try creating the link by just pointing to the topic which should then open in that user's default browser.

• 2. Re: A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0
            CraigCC Level 2
            Hi Kiha,

I recall and an issue with hyperlinks / bookmarks in the beta versions of IE7.0 but these should have been resolved. If you hunt around in google you may find more specific information. As far as I know this was resolved in the final release. Can you check that the PC running IE is using the latest version (ie. IE 7.0.573).

thanks
            Craig
            • 3. Re: A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0
              kiha58 Level 1
              Thank Craig's reply.

But we do not launch with hyperlinks.
              We use COMMAND.exe to launch code that likes "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE \\device\HHH0\Webhelp\HHH0HELP.htm#HHH0D010.htm#BLK01_HISTORY_NO", it dose not work correctly in IE7.0.
              We use IE 7.03.573 (the final released version)

• 4. Re: A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                I wasn't familiar with command.exe so I looked it up in Google. That seems to suggest it is spyware! I am guessing that it may well be a valid method but one that has been hijacked. Be that as it may, could it be that there is something in IE7 that prevents command.exe from running ? I am not sure from your first post whether it fails on all calls or just bookmarked calls. If it is just the latter it probably rules out this train of thought.

Outside my area but you or your developers may want to do the same Google search and see if it leads you anywhere.

• 5. Re: A problem when WebHelp launched in IE7.0
                  CraigCC Level 2
                  Hi Peter,

thanks for jumping in and 'happy new year to you'.
                  kiha, where did you get the command.exe from. Is this a specific file created for your needs or have you downloaded it from somewhere. Do you provide this component to all your end users to run the links? Are you seeing this error on all machines that have IE7.0? My guess is that it is a security issue with IE7.0 being a little uncomfortable with running an unknown .exe. Just a hunch.

Kind Regards
                  Craig