8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 8:19 AM by Szalam

next update to AE

donbarrum Level 1

It was announced a new version of AE that has been optimized and that it would be released soon. That's 2 months ago now, when will this update be out??

cheers
      Joachim

• 1. Re: next update to AE
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Soon.

mylenium

• 2. Re: next update to AE
            imeilfx Adobe Community Professional

Soon is the best answer that we can give you and anyone can give you. Official dates of software releases are avaliable not sonner than when they're announced an no one can change that. So:

1. There's no official date of new AE release

2. When it will be announced? Soon.

• 3. Re: next update to AE
              donbarrum Level 1

thanks for the non-informative information. The blog post said soon two months ago. ...Within a month or within the year would more useful

• 4. Re: next update to AE
                imeilfx Adobe Community Professional

We said what we said because we can't say anything else than official statement. Only thing that we can do is to give you info that is officially avaliable and spculate on when probably it will be based on previous versions premiere dates.

• 5. Re: next update to AE
                  donbarrum Level 1

Ok thanks, guess Ill just smear myself with patience and look forward to it then.

I hope adobe doesnt wait and do a cc 2015 kind of thing, with a brand new software to install and move everything over. Such a waste of time now that we have the great patching system through CC.

• 6. Re: next update to AE
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

joachim barrum wrote:

Ok thanks, guess Ill just smear myself with patience and look forward to it then.

The AE team has been a bit more specific than "soon" and said, "spring". So, sometime within the next two weeks it should be here since spring is over on the 21st.

joachim barrum wrote:

I hope adobe doesnt wait and do a cc 2015 kind of thing, with a brand new software to install and move everything over.

No, you don't hope that. You don't hope that at all.

Then next version of AE is going to be VERY DIFFERENT at the core level. You will want to have it and version 13.2 available on the same machines in your production environment so that, if something goes weird, you can always fall back to your current, working version to meet your deadlines. At least until you're sure it works for you. I'm sure AE's beta testers are working on it as hard as they can to find all the bugs, but there are only so many of them compared to the vast infinitum of computer configuration possibilities out there.

If you install your plugins and save your presets to the common folder, it shouldn't be difficult to have your plugins and presets migrate right on over when you install the new version. Moving from version 12 to version 13 was pretty painless for me.

• 7. Re: next update to AE
                      donbarrum Level 1

thanks good point. Though I felt the moving from cc to cc2014 was more for a marketing reason on Adobes side last year. because all their software was changed to new downloads not just AE. But I see your point

• 8. Re: next update to AE
                        Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Every time they do an update that qualifies as a major version change, I'm sure will be a new version on your machine. Meanwhile the point updates (11.0.4, 13.2, etc.) will all just be updates. Although, I'd guess that x.5.x versions would also be whole new installs. They did this in the past (for example version 5, version 5.5, version 6, version 6.5, version 10, and version 10.5 were all separate installs), so it seems logical.

The big difference now with the CC model is that the point updates can legally include new features (such as the rigid mask tracker) instead of having to wait for a new version number. Well, that and the updates seem to be coming out faster than they used to. Ooh, and another big difference with the CC model is that subscribers are all, always going to get new versions. So they're incentivized to keep us subscribed rather than incentivized to try to tempt us to upgrade. Thus they are more likely to provide useful workflow enhancements (like a better previewing/rendering core) vs. useless, whiz-bang features to try to entice us to pay for an upgrade (ray-traced renderer).

1 person found this helpful