• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CALLING ALL PARTNERS - We need to get BC to improve analytics NOW!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Having looked through the forum this morning I can see I'm not the only partner frustrated by the huge discrepancies between BC and Google Analytics stats. .

I have a BC site that reports 6,428 visits per week whereas GA reports 367! And this is not the only one with such a massive difference.

Every time I try to speak to BC about this they give me the same answer about the differences in how the stats are counted but the fact of the matter is GA's stats make sense, BC's just plain don't. Whatever the reasons are for this it needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Do you agree with me? How can we get BC to change this and stop giving their stock answer on the subject?

Without putting too fine a point on it, it's getting embarrassing for me to have to explain away the differences to clients when I know it's complete nonsense.

Who's with me?

Ryan

TOPICS
Reporting and analytics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with you Ryan but I fear we have been farting in the wind for 4 or 5 years and BC never hear us.

I mean they can't even implement a new wysiwyg editor.

From a business perspective, they have implemented (IMHO) one tangible business benefit in 4 years - stock control at SKU level.

All other work they do is technical features not business benefits

All they do is BC Next work.

In saying that Google Analytics isn't perfect.

I get all this referrals from Share button sites and Sergei and Vitol links or something like that.

So BC if you are listening some a little love and do just one little core module update from business owners !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines