3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 7:21 AM by rons31557459

Is Lightroom 5.7.1 now called Lightroom Mobile?

rons31557459

In January of 2015, I purchased Lightroom 5.2 / 64bit on a CD and installed it on my PC.  In March, I received a notice to update to 5.7.1 and the update was successful.  This weekend (6/8/15), my PC crashed and I had to reinstall Lightroom.  My CD installed 5.2 without a problem and immediately after the installation, I received a notice to upgrade to 5.7.1.  I downloaded the file and launched LR after the upgrade finished.  The banner at the top of the screen said " Lightroom Mobile."  From what I read online, Lightroom Mobile is Lightroom version 5.4, not Lightroom 5.7.1.  Again, according to what I read, Lightroom Mobile / 5.4 is designed for a mobile application.  While it works on my desktop, it is not the version that was offered in the notice, not the version indicated on the Adobe website, nor is it what I wanted.  Has anyone experienced this issue and can offer advice?

• 1. Re: Is Lightroom 5.7.1 now called Lightroom Mobile?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom Mobile is an additional feature that can be installed on Apple IOS and android mobile devices to enable you to work on images on that mobile device. It was added in Lightroom 5.4. However, if you don't have a creative cloud subscription you won't be able to use Lightroom mobile. There is a little down arrow in the identity plate area that you can click on and you can pause Lightroom Mobile. Then you won't see that reference to it anymore. Lightroom Mobile is available in all versions since version 5.4. But if you pause it then it won't be part of anything that you do.

• 2. Re: Is Lightroom 5.7.1 now called Lightroom Mobile?
            dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom Mobile is NOT the same as Lightroom 5.4, nor is it the same as Lightroom 5.7.1.

Lightroom Mobile is a new FEATURE added to Lightroom in Lightroom 5.4 and later versions, and is available to people who subscribe to the Creative Cloud.

If you have installed and are running Lightroom 5.7.1, then you have the most recent version of Lightroom 5. The only upgrade is to purchase Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC

• 3. Re: Is Lightroom 5.7.1 now called Lightroom Mobile?
              rons31557459 Level 1

Thank you Jim and dj_paige for your fast replies.  I've been doing this reinstall with Microsoft tech support going on 15 hours, so I'm a little parched.  When I first clicked on the identity plate it would not offer "Lightroom" or the ability to personalize the ID plate.  It does work now   When I first clicked on help, I saw Lightroom Mobile at the top, panicked, and didn't notice 5.7.1 at the bottom of the help box.  Believe me the ID plate option wasn't workin'.