6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 8:00 AM by A.T. Romano

APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer

treiks

Apple computer. Trying to find presets folder for Adobe Premiere Elements 13, but can't. Want to move pre-made files to Titles & Text section to use as presets. Also can't find a way to save them within the program on Apple computer (on PC I managed to save, but they move to effects section).

So if anyone can help:

1) Where to locate the user presets folder for Titles & Text on Apple computer?

2) How to save presets within the program to correct section (Titles & Text) on Apple computer?

The PC and Apple manuals seem to differ, so please only Apple knowledge.

• 1. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The libraries of effects and templates on a Mac are found in LIBRARY/APPLICATION SUPPORT/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/13.0/ONLINE.

I don't know of a feature for creating and saving a title template in Premiere Elements 13.

Once you've downloaded a title template from Adobe, you may be able to hack it open in Photoshop and customize it. But unless you're familiar with Photoshop layers and, especially, how Premiere Elements saves and uses templates, it can be a bit tricky. If you want to attempt it, however, we may be able to help you at Muvipix.com.

• 2. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
            treiks Level 1

Hi!

Thanks for a quick response. Got to this: LIBRARY/APPLICATION SUPPORT/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/13.0/, but no ONLINE folder.

Any other ideas?

The presets have already been created and I can use them, but by importing each one every time (for instance if there are many subtitles) as its own takes too much time.Getting these files as presets would help out a lot, but unable to find a way to same on Apple computer.

• 3. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Nope. That's where all of the templates are stored. Check again.

Though, as I said, loading pre-made title templates into the Premiere Elements 13 library isn't as simple as just importing them into a project. It takes a bit of finessing the files and directories.

• 4. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
                A.T. Romano Level 7

treiks

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but perhaps this Premiere Elements Mac information will give you some leads. Although the following talks about Movie Menu themes, the Titles & Text category may be in the same vicinity...just substitute Titles & Text for DVD Templates in the paths.

Excerpt from my blog on Mac Miscellaneous...

In Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to the Movie Menu theme SlideShow/Pan and Zoom that comes with the program installation is Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13\DVD Templates\Common.

Premiere Elements Mac user Martin P tracked down the Premiere Elements Mac counterpart and wrote:

OK, mac users - this is what you need to do.

Go to Macintosh HD --> Applications --> Adobe Premiere Elements 13 --> Support Files

RIGHT CLICK on Adobe Premiere Elements.app (NOT Adobe Premiere Elements 13. app), Select "Show Package Contents". Here you'll find DVD Templates --> Common --> Slideshows

See Posts 16 to 28

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7063610

In Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to the Movie Menu themes that require "content download" is Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\version #\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\category folders....

The Premiere Elements Mac counterpart is reported to be Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0/Online/DVD Templates/All_Lang/

See bha51 Post 12 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1804894

What exactly is the format of the file(s) that you want to transfer to "Titles & Text" - .prtl, .png, other? Does your self made file contain both the text and image components in the one file?

Please consider.

ATR

• 5. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
                  treiks Level 1

Thank you (and Steve) for the answers, will try them out today and let you know how it went.

The file formats are .prtl. Not sure about the second part (Does your self made file contain both the text and image components in the one file), but I would guess "yes".

• 6. Re: APE 13, presets folder for Apple computer
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

treiks

Thanks for the reply. Many of the Adobe Title Templates for Premiere Elements Windows can be found with two components - text as .prtl and the graphics part of the Title Template as png. I do not know the Mac counterpart on that point.

But, if you have gotten this to work in Premiere Elements Windows, then you know all that already.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR