2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 7:46 AM by jenn_mcmillan83

Tagging a line of curved text - causes Acrobat to crash...

jenn_mcmillan83

I'm creating an accessible PDF and (using the Touch Up Reading Order tool) tagging a series of lines of curved text for a client's infographic. Some work, some won't. All are being tagged with a Paragraph tag. I've tried using different tags, but every time I attempt to tag this one line of text it crashed Acrobat. Has anyone had a similar experience and how (if so) did you get it to work/what was the workaround?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Tagging a line of curved text - causes Acrobat to crash...
          a C student Level 3

Hard to say without seeing the file - even then it might be hard to say. Have you made sure your Acrobat Pro is the latest release (Help > Check for updates)? Could be something wrong with the file itself. If you have access to the source document you could try recreating the PDF. Tagging curved text is tricky at best. Often the order of the characters will get scrambled in the reading order and have to be retagged in bits and reordered manually. Still, your file should not be crashing Acrobat. 

• 2. Re: Tagging a line of curved text - causes Acrobat to crash...
            jenn_mcmillan83 Level 1

Thanks for the reply! I've been working with someone from Acrobat to try and solve the issue. I'm at the latest release level and I created the PDF from a supplied .ai file from the client. In this curved text, Acrobat outlines each character instead of the line of text as it does with straight text, so I was assuming something similar about it getting scrambled, etc. I've recreated the file with straight text in case it can't be resolved (and so far its been tagging normally), but I've sent the file to Acrobat to have a look.