4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 7:50 AM by Rick Gerard

Vanity Fair Magazine presentation on Instagram

callehuth

Hi,

Do anyone know if the instagram video (link bellow) on Vanity Fairs page is created with a script in AE or if its made from scratch?

Instagram

Thanks for all of your help,

- calle

• 1. Re: Vanity Fair Magazine presentation on Instagram
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm sure there's several stock templates used such as you can find them a-plenty on Videohive and other sites, but everything could be pretty much created from scratch just as well and almost as quickly. Really nothing too elaborate going on if you know AE...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Vanity Fair Magazine presentation on Instagram
            callehuth Level 1

My skill set is mainly within Ps so I was hoping to find a script for AE where I could "drop" layers in and tweak it a bit. I worked in AE several years ago but my brain have decided to forget all about it..

• 3. Re: Vanity Fair Magazine presentation on Instagram
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

These are not scripts, they are templates and the specifics of how to replace what will depend on how the authors set it up. This can't be answered with a generalized guide, but I'm sure if only you start searching for "image slide" and "page flip" templates a gigazillion will come up that you can modify to your needs.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Vanity Fair Magazine presentation on Instagram
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have developed more than 200 animation presets that automatically perform most of the animations seen in your sample video. The biggest part of a project like this is the planning and the preparation of the images. Other than that it's just a matter of setting some keyframes and organizing the layers in the comp. If you have animations like the page turns that you want to repeat just create the first, save an animation preset, then move the CTI to the location of the second move and apply the preset. It will save you a bunch of time.

Or, as others have suggested, you could buy some templates.