3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 10:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Capturing problem

svenj28717323

I have a Canon HV30 HDV videocamera. When capturing everthing faces and persons in the film becomes very long, tall and tiny. How to solv the problem?

• 1. Re: Capturing problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

svenj

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Before you start the HDV capture firewire into Premiere Elements capture window, are you assuring that the project preset is for HDV HDV 1080i?

Have you tried troubleshooting and maybe using permanently the free HDVSplit for the HDV data capture firewire?

http://www.videohelp.com/software/HDVSplit

Please review and consider, and supply more information so that we can help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Capturing problem
            svenj28717323 Level 1

Thank you for your quick answer. I have Elements12. I reinstalled it and tried also on Elements 9 with the same result. When I try to capture the video as HDV camcorder a box says "No HDV camera detected...." I then try as DV camcorder and another box says "Your current camera setting is different from your project settings. Results may not be optimized" Deleting that box I can continue capturing but with all the long faces as result. I checked the settings (Edit-project settings. 1920 horizontal 1080 vertical

• 3. Re: Capturing problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

svenj

I suspect that the project is not giving you or cannot give you the correct project settings for your video...you want 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 and not 1920 x 1080 16:9 square pixels.

If you have not already, for your HDV capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Capture Window, please set the project preset manually before you start the capture. To do that...

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Your want the project preset of

NTSC

HDV

HDV 1080i30 (assumed your setup is for NTSC TV Format, and not PAL TV Format).

If you are doing DV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Capture Window, then the project preset setting before the start of the capture is

NTSC

DV Standard or DV Widescreen (you need to designate the one that corresponds to your camera settings).

Workarounds, Windows

HDV HDVSplit 0.77 beta

DV  WinDV

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR