The next version of Flash Player is available for immediate download. In today's release we've updated Flash Player with new functionality, critical security fix. We recommend all users update to the latest version.
Security update details can be found here: Security Bulletin (APSB15-11)
New Features for Flash Player 18:
- Improved Flash Player Install Process
We have had consistent feedback from our customers that they prefer not to shut down their browsers to simply install Flash Player. This feature removes this requirement whenever possible. With Flash Player 18, in the vast majority of cases, the installer will no longer display a dialog to shut down the currently running browsers or applications that are using Flash Player!
Once the installation is completed, you will be notified that the browser may need to be restarted to use the newly installed version. This requirement depends on your browser’s ability to see the new version. Either way, Flash will continue to work and you can easily force the new version to appear by simply restarting your browser when it’s convenient for you.
- Audio APIs added to Flash Player NPAPI
We have added the ability for NPAPI-compatible browsers and applications to query the player and detect if audio is currently being played and if it can be muted. This new feature will allow applications to alert the user if audio is being played and give them the ability to mute, even if the Flash content does not.
This new API is not applicable to ActionScript developers and is only available to browser and application developers that host the Flash plugin.
- Stage3D - Standard Extended Profile for Desktop
In version 17, Standard Extended Profile was introduced on iOS and Android devices that support GL ES3. In version 18, Standard ExtendedProfile support is added for Flash Player and AIR Desktop. It is represented by a new constant ‘STANDARD_EXTENDED’ in the Context3DProfile class. This constant can be used in the requestContext3D and requestContext3DMatchingProfiles methods of Stage3D. The standardExtended profile can only be accessed if the SWF version is 28 or newer.
- Browser Zoom Factor for PPAPI Plugin and non-Win 8x ActiveX
We've introduced a feature that proposes scaling of Flash content in the web browser in response to web page zoom factor change. This feature was already present for Internet Explorer on Window 8.x. In Flash Player 18, it now supports PPAPI (Opera and Chrome) and Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and below.
For complete information please see our release notes.
- Offline FLV are running too fast Fast forward mode (3982986)
- Unable to view animated shader effect (3990831)
- Camera output shows black screen in Safari (3980552)
- Right-clicking on JWPlayer causes Firefox to hang on Windows 8 (3835579)
- Inaccurate drawing in IE on Windows 8 (3846567)
- PPAPI Plugin doesn't work on WinXP (3966268)
- Full Screen mode Flash freezes for a few seconds in Safari browser(3916445)
- Starling cannot upload texture from BitmapData in Firefox on Mac (3951802)
- ColorTransform applied to textfield using device font is ignored in Chrome (3959696)
- Zombie Tycoon game show blacked out screen (3924242)Few calendar control present on usflashmap.com stop working (3990982)
- Error #1014 Class flash.display3D.texture::VideoTexture is not found when running on flash player. (3955926)
- StageVideo fails to load error on Mac Firefox on certain configuration (3992751)
- Scrolling on high density displays fails in that child elements do not scroll at the same rate as a parent container. (3746968)
- Multiple security and functional fixes
Current Flash Player desktop users that have enrolled in the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or the "Notify me to install updates" update options will receive an update notification dialog within 7 days from today (please note that Windows users will need to restart their system to receive the notification dialog.)
Please note that both Flash Player for Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows 8.x are updated using different mechanisms when available. Flash Player for Google Chrome updates will occur during regular Chrome updates. Flash Player updates for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x will be provided by Microsoft though the Windows automatic update feature.
If you would like to install the update immediately, please use one of the links below:
Flash Player 17 Windows for Internet Explorer - ActiveX: 220.127.116.11
Flash Player 17 Windows for Firefox and other Netscape Compatible Browsers - NPAPI: 18.104.22.168
Flash Player 17 Windows for Opera 26 and Chromium Based Browsers - PPAPI: 22.214.171.124
Flash Player 17 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 (64-bit machine): 126.96.36.199
Flash Player 17 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 (32-bit machine): 188.8.131.52
Flash Player 17 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 (64-bit machine): 184.108.40.206
Flash Player 17 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 (32-bit machine): 220.127.116.11
Flash Player 17 Mac for Safari, Firefox and other Netscape Compatible Browsers - NPAPI: 18.104.22.168
Flash Player 17 Mac for Opera 26 and Chromium Based Browsers - PPAPI: 22.214.171.124
Flash Player 11.2 desktop for Linux (NPAPI): 126.96.36.1996
Flash Player 13 Extended Support Release for Windows and Macintosh: 188.8.131.522
Previous versions of Flash Player can be found on the Flash Player Archive page
If you encounter a problems with broken or missing links, please clear your browser cache and try again. If the problem persists, please create a new post in our forum or send email to email@example.com.