pickled herring, Did the solution mentioned above work for you? Curious because it only works for a few users and for some only temporarily.
I have the same problem as you described -- no fix from Adobe as of this morning.
Dell says my machine should run this with no problem; they have spent hours troubleshooting and can't fix it. Microsoft similarly has been unable to help.
No - I had tried that solution prior to my post and it didn't seem to work for me.
However, in that same ironic way that your tap stops dripping the instant the plumber arrives, LR6 suddenly started working yesterday (no more Server busy error!). I have no idea why, but here are a few possibilities:
1. I replaced the external drive that I use to back up my pictures (someone in the thread linked to by andrewfreeman mentioned this)
2. I installed a bunch of Windows updates (about 2 months' worth)
3. The Lightroom Mobile trial that came with LR6 expired (It only showed as expired after the restart for the Windows updates)
Wish I could tell you what actually happened.
fingers crossed for you that the problem is gone for good!!
I've unplugged an external hard drive (that is working fine) just so that LR doesn't go looking for it. Had been using it for a second copy location on import. Hasn't made any difference with it unplugged.
My windows 7 has been re-installed - so it's a fresh installation with all updates and there are almost no other programs installed yet - just Adobe CC desktop, LR CC, PS CC, Acrobat DC, and a couple of utilities. PITA to work on my laptop for other things but right now want to keep this one skinnied down.
Still waiting on Adobe level 2 team to respond - 72 hours!!