6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 9:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Messed up timeline

AmandaN012561

I have recently been working on a project in Premiere Elements 13 and had the timeline just like I wanted it . I needed to add a few more clips and when I went to add the clips and move them to the correct position on the timeline, my sequence on the timeline got all messed up. Is there a way to revert back to a previous saved project or will I have to start all over

• 1. Re: Messed up timeline
          A.T. Romano Level 7

amandaN

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running?

Are you still at a stage in the project where you could use the Undo button?

Did you run the project with the AutoSave feature Enabled? Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave?

By default (Windows)...see Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0/Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

To avoid the problem that you ran into, please hold down the Ctrl or Alt key (Windows) as you add a file to an existing Timeline.

Please review and consider.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Messed up timeline
            AmandaN012561 Level 1

Windows 8, I tried the undo button but it does not seem to be putting the clips back  in the order I had them . I believe the autosave is enabled

• 3. Re: Messed up timeline
              AmandaN012561 Level 1

I went to the autosave feature but unfortunately it only has from today's date. Any other suggestions?

• 4. Re: Messed up timeline
                A.T. Romano Level 7

AmadalN

Undo and AutoSave are your possibilities as I see it.

How many Auto Save files did you find? Only one? If you looked at only one, then look at each to make sure what you have in each.

How much of the Timeline got messed up

Please let me know if there is enough left so that you can rebuild around what seems still in place. Better than starting from the beginning.

If you are forced to start a new project, make sure the AutoSave feature is on before starting the project and do a manual Save during the day's session.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Saving and backing up projects

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Messed up timeline
                  AmandaN012561 Level 1

I found one that did not get messed up. Thanks so much for the information. I have another question. What is the best way to add a video clip to your timeline? When I use the quick feature, it adds the video clip to the end of the timeline and some of the clips I need to add are in the beginning of the timeline. Is there  a simpler way than to manually move it and risk messing up the timeline again?

• 6. Re: Messed up timeline
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AmandaN

Wonderful news that you found a project file that was as you created it. Great job.

I have not found the Quick workspace to be the preferred one for arranging clips in the project. Please take a look at the Expert workspace where I believe you can see better what you are doing and consequently have more control over the situation.

And, when you adding clips to an existing Timeline, add the clips as you hold down the Alt or Ctrl key of the computer keyboard.

However, please review and consider the following Adobe document on arranging clip (Quick workspace)

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Arranging clips in the Quick view timeline

The document should apply to 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1.

We will be watching for your progress as your time permits.

Best wishes

ATR