3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2007 2:02 AM by arunbe

Custom Vid Player auto Visible Btns over top

a_little_ant Level 1
      The Media Playback component for eg. has an auto feature so the controls appear only when the user mouses over the movie.

I've made a custom player for Flash 7 (using just the Library Panel - New Video option (actionscript controlled) tv_mc

I've made some buttons that will appear OVER THE TOP of the movie in a movieclip called panel_mc

I only want the buttons ( panel_mc) to appear when the user mouses over the video ( tv_mc)

Can anyone point me to any tutorials about this please.

The complication being that the video is below the buttons (on a layer underneath) and rolling over that will allow the buttons to show over the movie. Then I need the buttons to be rolled Over and then have these buttons disapear when the mouse leaves the (larger) video beneath.

To see almost the exact specs of my situation - please go to http://www.gotoandlearn.com and watch just a few seconds into the Video Basics - Part 6 movie. My player and buttons are the same pretty much.

Thanks if you can help. I've searched for nested movieclips, nested buttons etc etc. Happy New Year by the way.. :)