1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 6:30 PM by A.T. Romano

Unable to upload a video footage into Premiere Elements 13

juanm21847039

How do I upload a video footage I purchased to Premiere Elements 13, I keep getting this message - This type of file is not supported or the required codec is not installed.

• 1. Re: Unable to upload a video footage into Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

juanm

Have you updated Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that. What computer operating system is involved?

I am assuming by "upload" that you mean import. Also, Premiere Elements has problems with protect files. So, please review the right to use for your purchased video.

One of the most important questions is "What are the properties of this video that is triggering the Premiere Elements import error message?

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

If you do not know, often telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video will provide the needed information.

The answer may be an easy or a complicated one.

The easiest scenario is, if you have a .mov file and you have not installed QuickTime on the same computer as Premiere Elements. Worse case is if you are trying to import an AVCHD.avi file into the program, one with a mxf file extension, using a video recorded with a variable frame rate....and so. The answers will be in the details which will should cut to the solution.

Please consider and supply more information. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR