3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 7:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Earthquake Effect Problems...

Yippysnip09

Hello, my problem is that whenever i apply the earthquake effect to an image (freeze-frame .jpg or other) the effect does not work as it should. what i mean is that the image does not shake and simply zooms in a bit. Please note that I am not using the image as an over lay but rather as video 1. Could somebody please help?

• 1. Re: Earthquake Effect Problems...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Yippysnip09

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Under ordinary circumstances, Earthquake effect does not work on stills, only videos. I have observed that since Premiere Elements 4 until current version 13.

Are you saying that you got it to work for you before for stills but not now or it never worked for you when the Earthquake effect was applied to a still?

But there is a way to get Earthquake applied to a still to apply an Earthquake look to the still. The tip is to place the still over a video clip and apply the Earthquake effect only to the still. It really does work. The idea is not my own. I saw it reported in another forum by a forum moderator there named Bob...goes back over there to about 2012.

muvipix Community • View topic - Earthquake doesn't always shake!

In your case, explore moving your working track to video track 2 so that you can place video under the Earthquake still on video track 2.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Earthquake Effect Problems...
            Yippysnip09 Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 12 on windows 8.1 . In the past I have got it to work on images however they were overlays that had the pan and zoom effect on them. BTW thank you for telling me that Earthquake will only work on videos as well as telling the tip.

• 3. Re: Earthquake Effect Problems...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Yippysnip09

Thanks for the great news that the information worked for you. And, thank you for considering the suggestions.

Best wishes moving forward in your projects.

ATR

Add On...If you are using Premiere Elements 12, have you updated to 12.1 yet? If not, please consider doing that. A major perk in the 12.1 Update is that is got rid of the Expert workspace only Text Style issue.