6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 8:43 AM by enriqueskillfilms

AE freezing for a while when switching from Premiere Pro using dynamic linking

enriqueskillfilms

Hi,

I use Premiere Pro with dynamic links to AE constantly. In this particular computer I have been doing it for the past 3 months without problems. A few days ago started freezing almost every time I change from Premiere Pro to AE (CMD+Tab), a little at the beginning and A LOT now. It takes several minutes for AE to start working again.

Looking at the Activity Monitor the % CPU for AE when this happens goes beyond 100 and often gets red (non-responsive). Times vary from 10 seconds to several minutes. I work with this constantly so I need to be able to move quickly from one to the other.

Some details of what I am working with:

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 Version 8.2.0 (65) Build

After Effects CC 2014.2 Version 13.2.0.49

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere Pro, AE and Media Encoder (out of desperation) and following the recommendations of Adobe support I have run Disk permission repair on the Boot drive, as well as gone through all disc permissions for all Adobe folders and subfolders... No use, it keeps freezing longer the more I use it. RAM memory remains at a good 20-25GB when this happens. I've run out of options.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what could I try to solve it?

Much appreciated