2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 12:10 AM by prashants93094010

Flash Player Install..

prashants93094010

My flash player version 18.0.0.160 installed without asking me to close my open Safari browser (Version 7.1.6) .. is it possible or was it some type of virus!

• 1. Re: Flash Player Install..
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi prashants93094010,

This is a customer-driven enhancement in the 18.0.0.160 release. From the Release Notes | Flash Player® 18 AIR® 18:

New Features

• Improved Flash Player Install Process

We have had consistent feedback from our customers that they prefer not to shut down their browsers to simply install Flash Player. This feature removes this requirement whenever possible. With Flash Player 18, in the vast majority of cases, the installer will no longer display a dialog to shut down the currently running browsers or applications that are using Flash Player!

Once the installation is completed, you will be notified that the browser may need to be restarted to use the newly installed version. This requirement depends on your browser’s ability to see the new version.  Either way, Flash will continue to work and you can easily force the new version to appear by simply restarting your browser when it’s convenient for you.

--

Maria

• 2. Re: Flash Player Install..
            prashants93094010 Level 1

Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. (was a bit worried before the reply)