5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 8:44 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!

Davidb92

Hello all,

I work for a company and i have a project based on Adobe reader. Unfortunatelly, all iPads are with ios7. And it's too complicated to install ios8 (because of compatibility between ios and applications ).

So what could we do ? give up Adobe reader and the project ? Is there a way to turn around ?

thanks,

David.

• 1. Re: New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!
          AadeshSingh Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi David,

Yes, you are correct Acrobat Reader DC requires iOS 8 (ref: Adobe Acrobat Reader on the App Store on iTunes).

However, I will recommend you to contact Apple support team & they will guide you through the steps to update your iOS version.

Regards,

Aadesh

• 2. Re: New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi David,

When you try to install the latest version of Acrobat Reader on your iPad running iOS 7, Apple App Store should automatically detect the iOS version on your iPad and provide the latest compatible version of Reader.

Have you seen the dialog with the Download button like this?

Download.png

If so, please tap the Download button to install the previous version (11.6.4) of Reader.

Please let us know if you do not see the Download button in the dialog.   That's the special case where you have never installed Acrobat/Reader using the same Apple ID for the App Store.  We can provide additional steps to solve the problem.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!
              Davidb92 Level 1

Thanks for all. My eyes was certainly tired.

It's resolved !!

Thanks again.

• 4. Re: New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!
                Davidb92 Level 1

Sorry but i can't explain that :

-on the first iPad I still have the message 'incompatible version, need iOS8".

-on the second iPad, it worked, I had the message to download an older version and I was able to install it.

The both iPads are in the same iOs version 7.1.2 !!!

Don't understand...

• 5. Re: New Adobe Reader DC on iPad incompatible with ios7 !!!
                  MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

That's the special case that I mentioned in my previous reply.

Have you ever installed a previous version of Adobe Reader for iOS on the particular iPad using the same Apple ID (that is shown in Settings > Store)?

If this is the first time installing Adobe Reader for iOS using the Apple ID, you need to use iTunes to download and associate the app with the Apple ID first.

1. On your iPad, check the Apple ID that you use for the App Store (Settings > iTunes & App Store).
                  2. On your Windows or Mac computer, open iTunes.
                  3. Sign in iTunes using the same Apple ID that you use for your iPad.
                  4. Find Adobe Reader and download it to your computer.  Do not try to install it on your iPad because the latest version is not compatible with your iPad anyway.  Now, Adobe Reader is associated with your Apple ID.  This is the important step to be able to download an older, compatible version on your iPad later.
                  5. Switch back to your iPad.
                  6. Go to the App Store and find Reader.
                  7. Tap Install.
                  8. Tap Download in the dialog (shown in reply #2).

Please let us know if it works for you.

1 person found this helpful